Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ravishankarhassain <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/03 18:04:07 UTC

Re: Zookeeper component RoutePolicy

Even I am trying to achieve the same thing

If I have 3 active routes (polling to the same file path) implemented using
zookeeper route policy, default behavior would be like all the 3 routes will
poll the same file path and will result in race condition to process the
files, which ever route picks the lock for the file will process it.

The route which has successfully gained the lock would create an exchange
and pass it down to the next processor i.e., to the Load balancer EIP in
this case.

I guess, the Load balancer EIP will kick start its processing only when the
file consumer has triggered and an exchange has been passed to the Load
balancer EIP.

Correct me If I am wrong on this.

Is there an efficient way to achieve round robin kind of load balancing
(within the group of active nodes) using file endpoint to evenly distribute
the work load even before the exchange is being passed to the next processor
i.e., to the Load balancer EIP.