Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org> on 2021/11/24 17:13:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Proposal for a December event

Hi everybody,

I would like to take the occasion of the month of December and of the
holiday seasons to attract new contributors and to create more visibility
for the project.
I was thinking of creating some kind of Advent calendar on Twitter where we
promote a simple ticket everyday for a newcomer to pickup. The ticket
should have the main steps described and some mentor associated with it. If
by the 1st of March the patch for the ticket has been committed the
contributor will receive a special T-shirt as a gift.

I will be happy to hear your opinion on this proposal,

Benjamin

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for a December event

Posted by jogesh anand <jo...@gmail.com>.
I like the idea, think it’s a great way to attract new comers.. ( newcomer
here)

--

*Regards,*

*Jogesh Anand*

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for a December event

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,
Please feel free to assign any of those tickets that is not yet assigned to
anyone else and you are interested in. They are under label
AdventCalendar2021lhf in Jira
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Have fun!
Ekaterina

Posted by Manish G <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,