Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gustav Kristoffer Ek <st...@netcetera.dk> on 2000/11/13 02:04:56 UTC

problems with HTML::Embperl on macos x (darwin)

I have compiled the latest embperl from cpan (1.3b6) with apache
support, but when I try make test I got:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=0 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/System/Library/Perl/darwin -I/System/Library/Perl test.pl

_ap_get_client_block
_ap_log_error
_ap_palloc
_ap_pstrdup
_ap_rflush
_ap_rputc
_ap_rwrite
_ap_send_http_header
_ap_set_content_length
_ap_setup_client_block
_ap_should_client_block
_ap_table_add
_ap_table_set
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 67

Versions is:
Embedded Perl version v5.6.0 for Apache/1.3.15-dev
(Darwin) mod_perl/1.24_02-dev

running on macos x (darwin) and compiled with cc 2.7.2.1

what to do?

- gustav

--
Gustav Kristoffer Ek,  Netcetera, Brolæggerstræde 4, 1211 København K
+45 33147000, +45 20400005, fax +45 33146200 http://www.netcetera.dk/

Re: problems with HTML::Embperl on macos x (darwin)

Posted by Ray Zimmerman <rz...@cornell.edu>.
At 1:17 PM -0500 11/13/00, Ruben I Safir wrote:
>Is that the new Machintosh BSD OS?

Yes. Darwin refers to the open source BSD layers, and Mac OS X refers
to the whole thing including the new Aqua UI on top and the Classic
compatibility environment for running previous Mac OS apps.

Mac OS X is currently available from Apple (for $30) as a Public
Beta. There is also a Mac OS X Server product which has been a
shipping product for some time now, which is based on an earlier
version of much of the same technology.

A lot of this stuff is built on the old NextStep stuff.

Personally, I'm hoping this will live up to the goal of a nice Mac UI
on top of a real, honest-to-goodness Unix.

	Ray

Re: problems with HTML::Embperl on macos x (darwin)

Posted by Ruben I Safir <ru...@wynn.com>.

Posted by Gustav Kristoffer Ek <st...@netcetera.dk>.
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Gerald Richter wrote:

[...]
> Does mod_perl build and run correctly ?

Yes, it does. But I have a similar problem with Apache::Request though

> If yes, we can maybe look at it's Makefile, to see what's different.

you meen modperls' Makefile right?

I think it has something to do with the way MacOS X handles libs and
headers. It has something they call bundles, witch I think is some kind of
pakage with both header and lib in it. It also uses 'dyld' shared object
linker as I understand it.

> If you find anything out, let me know

I think I'll try asking the folks on the MacOS X list about this linker
thing.

- gustav

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
>> nm httpd
>>
>> are missing ones listed ?
>
>No one of them are listed. Think I have to figure out how the
>linker/compiler works on macos x in details.
>
>Any other suggestions?

Sorry, I don't even know what "macos x" is...

Does mod_perl build and run correctly ?

If yes, we can maybe look at it's Makefile, to see what's different. Maybe
this helps, maybe not because mod_perl is slightly different, because it's
an Apache module and not a Perl mdoule (actualy it's both, but from the
point of Apache it's a Apache module)

If you find anything out, let me know

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151

Re: problems with HTML::Embperl on macos x (darwin)

Posted by Gustav Kristoffer Ek <st...@netcetera.dk>.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.