Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nicolas Maisonneuve <n....@hotpop.com> on 2003/11/04 20:19:53 UTC

Desing patterns used by Cocoon

i would like to know the list of all the design patterns used by cocoon (and avalon)
i know  cocoon use :
- MVC
- Separation of concern
and ?

Re: Desing patterns used by Cocoon

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Geoff Howard wrote:
> Nicolas Maisonneuve wrote:
>> i would like to know the list of all the design patterns used by
>> cocoon (and avalon)
> <serious_answer>
<snip/>
> </serious_answer>
>
> <alternative_answer>
<snip/>
> </alternative_answer>
>
> <alternative_answer>
<snip/>
> </alternative_answer>

<alternative-answer>
All of the 23 GOF patterns. With a few hundred source files, I' ready to
bet you can find an instance of every single GOF pattern under
org.apache.cocoon.*.
</alternative-answer>

	Ugo

Re: Desing patterns used by Cocoon

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Nicolas Maisonneuve wrote:

> i would like to know the list of all the design patterns used by
> cocoon (and avalon)
> i know  cocoon use :
> - MVC
> - Separation of concern
> and ?

<serious_answer>
You will never get such a list without compiling it yourself, if that is
even possible.  Is this
for a class assignment?  You may find a person here willing to help you
find evidence of a
few specific patterns, but you are going to have to do the work
yourself.  There are - to
put it mildly - a lot of different patterns used.
</serious_answer>

<alternative_answer>
Sure, no problem.  Just send me a list of all the patterns that exist,
and I'll let you know
which ones Cocoon uses.
</alternative_answer>

<alternative_answer>
Patterns?  We don't need no stinkin' patterns!
</alternative_answer>

Re: Desing patterns used by Cocoon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Mardi, 4 nov 2003, à 20:19 Europe/Zurich, Nicolas Maisonneuve a
écrit :

> i would like to know the list of all the design patterns used by
> cocoon (and avalon)...

Just curious (also because this question came recently,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106751366428119&w=2),
why are you asking?

As mentioned in other replies, Cocoon certainly uses zillions of design
patterns if you look closely enough, but I'm not sure if we understand
what your question is about. What would an exhaustive list of patterns
bring you?

I'm not being ironic, again just curious.

-Bertrand