Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Bryce Ewing <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/09 05:38:42 UTC

Adding services after starting registry

Hi,

I have had a search around for information on this but haven't managed
to find any.  I have seen from the source that after starting the
registry if you try to add new service points that an exception is
thrown.

Now my issue is that I am using hivemind as a component in a container
architecture that has multiple components that will have hivemodules
in them.  Hivemind is an early component to load which then picks up
the later components and adds their services into the registry.

The problem is that components may want to call hivemind services
before all the components are loaded (or a new component with hivemind
services might be hot deployed).  Therefore the later hivemodules will
need to be added after the registry has been started.

Just wondering two things:
a) why is it set up so that you can't do this? and therefore what
would happen if I changed it to do this
b) is there any way around this?

Cheers
Bryce

RE: Adding services after starting registry

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Bryce,

Can you give us a specific usage scenario?  At least, I'm having a hard time
envisioning such a system.  That doesn't mean that it's not legitimate; I'm
just hard-headed sometimes! :-)

James