Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Punte <st...@hamsoft.com> on 2000/04/19 03:24:11 UTC

Apache_1.3.9 + mod_ssl + tomcat

I am about to embark on the installation and integration of
mod_ssl with my present Apache_1.3.9 + tomcat configuration.

I'm a bit surprised at the complexity of the mod_ssl installation
procedure:  but I guess that's what my boss pays me for! :-)

Has anyone been down this route successfully?

Do I need to recompile mod_jserv.so once mod_ssl finishes
its modification of apache?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Thanks in Advance.

STeve Punte
stevep@technologent.

Re: Apache_1.3.9 + mod_ssl + tomcat

Posted by ma...@mjwilcox.com.
I haven't been down this particular road yet but I've been down
mod_ssl and other modules before.

After you get mod_ssl configured (and do what I did, keep a set of
notes around you'll need them if you ever need to do this again ;),
you shouldn't need to recompile mod_jserv.so, assuming you get
the one from the Tomcat site.

Even if you do, it's much simpler than mod_ssl and I think you can
use apxs for DSO compilation.

mark

Re: Apache_1.3.9 + mod_ssl + tomcat

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
Try:

http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/index.shtml

Jan
jkl@osc.edu

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Steven Punte wrote:

> I am about to embark on the installation and integration of
> mod_ssl with my present Apache_1.3.9 + tomcat configuration.
>
> I'm a bit surprised at the complexity of the mod_ssl installation
> procedure:  but I guess that's what my boss pays me for! :-)
>
> Has anyone been down this route successfully?
>
> Do I need to recompile mod_jserv.so once mod_ssl finishes
> its modification of apache?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> STeve Punte
> stevep@technologent.

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/

Re: Apache_1.3.9 + mod_ssl + tomcat

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@bicamera.com>.
Hi,

Just use the mod_jserv.so file that comes from jakarta.apache.org and
everything should work fine.

Regards,

-- Rodney