Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Arjan Tijms <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/25 14:57:16 UTC

Re: Consider support for the Servlet profile of JSR 196 (JASPIC) in TomEE

Very interesting, is JASPIC support also in Tomcat 8.5.x and not just in 9?

Is there a binary build of TomEE master with this available? I'll see if I
can run the Java EE 7 samples against it to see how it does in practice ;)

Posted by Arjan Tijms <ar...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau [via TomEE & OpenEJB] <
ml-node+s979440n4677988h94@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> > Sorry, what is a "jsf double stack" exactly?
>
> Going twice in the JSF stack in a single request - not sure there is a
> name ;)

Ah, okay thanks for the explanation. I don't know what the term would be
either.

> > Do you mean the include of a JSF resource by a SAM? E.g. this test:
> >

> https://github.com/javaee-samples/javaee7-samples/blob/master/jaspic/dispatching-jsf-cdi/src/test/java/org/javaee7/jaspictest/dispatching/JSFCDIIncludeTest.java
> >

> Yes

Well, in that case JSF is only invoked once. A JSF based resource is
included in the response once, but the target resource is a plain Servlet.

I do have this test on my radar for some time now and was thinking how to
fix it in Mojarra, or whether I should perhaps remove this test.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arjan Tijms <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 29 mars 2016 00:09, "Arjan Tijms" <ar...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Thanks for starting this.
>
> jaxrs/angularjs/src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml is for sure
> wrong in the original.  "java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS" is obviously
not
> portable.
>
> All JPA based tests use the Java EE 7 default data source, which is
> generally good enough. In some cases where @DataSourceDefinition is used
an
> embedded h2 or other DB is used (but in a portable way, not relying on
> anything privately  provided by the server)
>
> JASPIC tests should be mostly portable (taking the mandated setup
mentioned
> above into account), but let me know if you find anything there.

Issue is mixing some specs. Typically jsf for dispatch-cdi which relies on
jsf double stack which is unspecified - fixed on master - so sometimes a

http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4660480&code=YXJqYW4udGlqbXNAZ21haWwuY29tfDQ2NjA0ODB8LTM3MzU5NTg0OA==

Posted by Arjan Tijms <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for starting this.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arjan Tijms <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 26 mars 2016 23:28, "Arjan Tijms" <ar...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Very interesting, is JASPIC support also in Tomcat 8.5.x and not just in
9?

Yes