Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com> on 2012/08/02 15:14:22 UTC

SharePoint Library consist of folders

Hi,

I am crawling a SharePoint 2010 library named Documents. This library contains folders. These folders contains files.

I see that MCF treats folders ( and its underlying files) as single output documents. In other words MCF does not traverse folders.

It seems that ows_FSObjType="1" indicates folders and ows_FSObjType="0" indicates files.

How can I traverse folders in a SP library? Or it is a bad idea to put folders under a library?

Thanks,
Ahmet

Re: SharePoint Library consist of folders

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ahmet,

The DspSts service lists all the files in a library, including those
that have a folder path.  I believe the lists service does the same.
So you should see all the files crawled including those that are
within folders.  Please let me know if this seems not to be the case.

Karl