Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Anton Solovev <An...@epam.com> on 2017/02/08 11:27:34 UTC

flink-shell remote

Hi

Can we check connection to remote host before execution a program when start flink-shell ?

For example, right after `bin/start-scala-shell.sh remote <hostname> 35007` it checks and will not start if it wrong connects

Best,
Anton

Re: flink-shell remote

Posted by Nikolaas s <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anton,

I was involved in writing the scala-shell,
my initial idea was to just write a very small job and try to execute it
remotely,
and see if something comes back.
I did not have time in the end to implement it.
Just if you need a pointer how this could be done..

best,
Nikolaas

Re: flink-shell remote

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.