Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Rodoljub Radivojevic <ro...@instana.com> on 2019/12/02 14:59:32 UTC

Broker data size

Hi everyone,

I want to calculate the total amount of data per broker (sum of sizes of
all partitions on the broker).
How can I do that using existing metrics?

Best regards,
Rodoljub

Re: Broker data size

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 14:59, Rodoljub Radivojevic <
rodoljub.radivojevic@instana.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to calculate the total amount of data per broker (sum of sizes of
> all partitions on the broker).
> How can I do that using existing metrics?

 Why would require a kafka metric for this (just out of curiosity)?
Wouldn't your host OS provide insight on resource usage?
The data.dir directory size is essentially your data per broker (including
internal offsets and every TopicPartition assigned to the broker). Does
that not assist your investigation?

Best regards,