Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/01 14:40:38 UTC

Re: Excel import/export help needed?

Hello Nick and Dave,

Happy new year 2017! hope you are going great!

Yes, we do have usable functionalities built using POI around Fineract as
utilities (Data Import Tool) and not as part of Fineract platform.
Data Import Tool (DIT) is being used as migration tool when moving from
legacy system to Fineract platform and some other users use it as bulk data
entry tool on a daily basis.

And there is great demand by the end user to make this tool (DIT) as part
of Fineract core platform instead as yet another tool and recently Nazeer
has documented the requirements for merging the tool into platform and
documents at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Bulkdata+Import. To
get started with it I request you to read the spec and let us know your
opinion on the approach.

Code for 'data import tool' is present at
https://github.com/openMF/DataImportTool

-
Nayan Ambali