Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2014/10/06 16:36:35 UTC

Jenkins build for Windows

All,

I've recently discovered and fixed an issue which caused the unit
tests to fail on Windows. Svetoslav Neykov has also done a lot of work
in this area and fixed many tests that were broken on Windows.

build.apache.org supports builds on Windows machines, so I've created
another Jenkins job that will build and unit-test on Windows to try
and catch any more regressions like this.
https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-brooklyn-master-windows/

It's set to trigger when the main build job
incubator-brooklyn-master-build completes successfully, so if the main
build fails there shouldn't be any further noise from the Windows job.

I'm not sure how this will work out (we may have many more Windows
failures lurking) but we'll see...

Richard.

Re: Jenkins build for Windows

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
All,

I have temporarily disabled the Windows build job as it has never once
passed, and there are ongoing discussions about how best to fix it
(particularly about what to do with the archetype). Until these issues
are resolved, the Windows build will always fail, so it is providing
more noise than value at the moment.

I'll enable it again once there have been commits merged for the known
issues around the archetype and the intermittent test failures.

Richard.