Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Schmidt, Uwe" <US...@GEA-WIEGAND.DE> on 2001/11/09 08:24:14 UTC

torque fails using SMALLINT as primary key

Hi
I had a schema with a SMALLINT (short) as a primary key.
All works fine until I tried to select a record with doSelect();
I got all data except the primary key. Switching from SMALLINT
to INTEGER in the schema solved the problem.

the Schema:

    <column name="PRG_NDX" type="SMALLINT" required="true" primaryKey="true"
/>
    <column name="START_SCREEN" type="VARCHAR" size="16" />
    <unique>
       <unique-column name="PRG_NDX"/>
    </unique>

What I did in the code:

        Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
        Vector v = ProgramsPeer.doSelect(criteria);
        Programs p = (Programs) v.elementAt(0);
        Log.debug("start_screen=" + p.getStartScreen() + " prg_ndx=" +
p.getPrgNdx()); // no primary key ...

I am using TDK 2.1 / MySQL / WinNT

  Uwe