Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ray Chiang <rc...@cloudera.com> on 2015/08/03 20:19:06 UTC

Re: "Reservation" ambiguity

Sorry for the delayed response.  My two cents:

1) "Hold" has some ambiguity as a word, since it can be both a noun and a
verb.  Using "hold" in a sentence will be confusing in documentation.

2) Here are some alternatives.  Sadly, a lot of these words are quite long
and could be painful for coding:

   - accomodation
   - allowance
   - booking