Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Manri Offermann <ta...@eastbeam.co.jp> on 2005/01/19 14:21:43 UTC

Tapestry with Mobile Phones

Hello Mailing List!

I am working on a webapp for japanese mobile phones. There are 3 major
mobile phone providers in Japan and the devices support a subset or modified
version of HTML for each provider. Some newer devices support XHTML-Mobile.

Now the problem is that older devices don't understand tags which are
properly closed - for example:

<hr />

for older devices I have to remove the closing tag:

<hr>

Even if it is a pain I thought of a solution like this;

<hr jwcid="MyComponent" />

MyComponent depending on the Mobile Device renders the tag with or without a
closing tag.

Now to my question.

How can I find out the element name in which I specified my Component?

How does MyComponent know whether the element name is "br" or "hr"?

Thanks for any help

Manri Offermann

RE: Tapestry with Mobile Phones

Posted by David Moran <dw...@vigilantms.com>.

Couldn't you just add a parameter to your component? I.e.
<hr jwcid="MyComponent" type="hr"/>