Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com> on 2009/04/13 18:05:43 UTC

eclipse:eclipse and sorting in .classpath

Hello,

I don't know what I did or what happened, but since a week the order of
the source folder within the .classpath file of eclipse had changed
after I ran mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse. Now the test folders come
first and than the main folder.

So the order of my source folders in eclipse is src/main/java,
src/test/java instead of src/test/java,src/main/java.

Does anybody know how to reset the default order?

Regards
Ingo

Re: eclipse:eclipse and sorting in .classpath

Posted by Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com>.
Oh, thank you for the explaination. Now it is clear and I can accept the
reorder :-)
Regards
Ingo

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
In maven when you are executing tests, tests classes and ressources are in
the classpath before your main classes and ressources.
In eclipse when you reorder the classpath in the project, you also reorder
how entries are displayed in the UI.
Our goal is to be sure that you have the same classpath in eclipse and in
maven when you launch tests and not to annoy you by changing the order of
entries in the UI.
Is it more clear ?

2009/4/15 Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com>

> Hello,
>
> what do you mean with "this the order used to build by maven"? I mean
> you cannot build test sources before you build the main code. Or does
> Eclipse compile the source folder in the oposite order?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ingo
>

> Arnaud HERITIER schrieb:
> > This the order used to build by maven. It was done to be sure that you
> won't
> > have something building in a tool and not in the other.You can continue
> > use the old 2.5.1 if you prefer by setting the version of the plugin
> (best
> > pratice) in your pluginsManagement.
> >
> > Arnaud
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:17 AM, alien.sulin <sulinchong1987@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >

> >> yeah, it is the same to me ,since maven has download the
> >> eclipse-plugin(version:2.6),
> >> anybody comes to help us?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

> >> the

> >> ran

> >> than

> >> --
> >> 漠洋(苏琳冲)
> >> SuLinchong
> >> Phone   13656669328
> >> Qq        387973308
> >> Msn      sulinchong@hotmail.com

Arnaud

Re: eclipse:eclipse and sorting in .classpath

Posted by Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud

Re: eclipse:eclipse and sorting in .classpath

Posted by "alien.sulin" <su...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know what I did or what happened, but since a week the order of the
> source folder within the .classpath file of eclipse had changed after I ran
> mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse. Now the test folders come first and than
> the main folder.
>
> So the order of my source folders in eclipse is src/main/java,
> src/test/java instead of src/test/java,src/main/java.
>
> Does anybody know how to reset the default order?
>

> Regards
> Ingo

漠洋(苏琳冲)
SuLinchong