Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Demetrius Tsitrelis <De...@citrix.com> on 2014/12/03 19:18:11 UTC

RE: [Propose] Improvements in XenServer + ACS integration

Just trying to understand our existing integration....

I found http://docs.openstack.org/juno/config-reference/content/introduction-to-xen.html which discusses how OpenStack uses XAPI plugins.  Do we have a similar document describing the integration of CloudStack with Xen via SSH?

Don't we also use XAPI plugins?  See https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=tree;f=scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver  and https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=blob;f=plugins/hypervisors/xenserver/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/xenserver/resource/CitrixResourceBase.java;hb=HEAD#l630

It's true that the database encryption algorithms could be improved.  I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8015; hopefully we could move away from MD5 and DES.