Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Russell Collins <Ru...@mclaneat.com> on 2009/05/20 06:58:37 UTC

Date Problem

Hello, I am new to OpenJPA and the entire persistence objects so bear with me a little.  First of all, I am using Apache Geronimo which has OpenJPA version1.2.1 and I am moving from Hibernate (which is a pain to try to work in Geronimo).  Everything works fine except for Dates and Times.  I have an Embedded class that starts off like this:

@Embeddable
public class EntityChange implements Serializable {

      @Column(name = "changedate" )
      @Temporal(DATE)
      private Date changeDate;

      @Column(name = "changetime")
      @Temporal(TIME)
      private Time changeTime;

      @Column(name = "changeuser")
      private String changeUser;

When I try to grab an object with these embedded values I get the error:

java.lang.AssertionError: javax.ejb.EJBException: Unknown Container Exception: java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot read the response from the server.  The class for an object being returned is not located in this system:; nested exception is:
            java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.openjpa.util.java$sql$Date$proxy

I have tried multiple ways with adding and removing @Temporal etc.  Oh one more thing, this is a MySQL database that I am trying to access.  Please give me any help you can.  Thanks.

Russell Collins

RE: Date Problem

Posted by Russell Collins <Ru...@mclaneat.com>.
Thank you David.  You were absolutely correct.  My client needed to have a reference to the OpenJPA jar file.  Once I added that, everything worked like a charm!!

Russell Collins
Sr. Software Engineer
McLane Advanced Technology

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda