Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Nicolas Antoniazzi <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 00:44:46 UTC

Thanks for your hard work on Shiro

Hi,

Yesterday, we released the first version of our application built around GWT
/ Shiro / Guice / MyBatis. It is really important for me to thank all the
community who helped us to raise the project to the release point.
When we started the project, we decided to use Guice since it looked easier
to use than Spring. But our problem was the lack of third party tools around
Guice. We found JSecurity (previous version of shiro for recent users) for
the security part, and we had hope that this framework could save us.

Today, the result is that we bet on the right horse :) The integration has
been really easy, the framework API is really simple and the community is
really reactive. So thanks to everybody, with a special reward to Les.

Now, if you have time and want to check the result (well, ok, there is
nothing really exciting behind a security framework integration :) , you can
try our Java hacker challenge on http://www.weecod.com/demo
Maybe that it will be an interresting challenge for some of you, since it is
a hacking problem, and since that this list is focused around security,
maybe that you could have some fun solving it. We appreciate any kind of
feedbacks.

Thanks again everybody !

Re: Thanks for your hard work on Shiro

Posted by Ed Young <ej...@summitbid.com>.
I'd like to second that. We have been using Shiro in a Grails application
(via shiro 1.1.3 plugin) very successfully. The application is very well
received and the security model is very flexible.

It's true that we are often so busy, words of encouragement drop off the
long list of todo items.

Great job!

Ed

--