Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fred Feuerstein <FF...@gmx.net> on 2004/11/18 11:58:14 UTC

ValidFiled only required when ...

Hi,

I would like to validate some of my form elements after the user hit the
"submit"-button.
Therefor I defined my needed components and linked the usefull validator to
it. (see below)

myPage.page:
[..]
  <bean name="required" class="org.apache.tapestry.valid.StringValidator"
lifecycle="page">
    <set-property name="required" expression="true"/>
  </bean>

  <component id="value1" type="ValidField">
       [..]
       <binding name="validator" expression="beans.required"/>
       [..]
  </component>

  <component id="value2" type="ValidField">
       [..]
       <binding name="validator" expression="beans.required"/>
       [..]
  </component>
[..]

Using this definition, both elements are required. BUT, it is only needed
that one of them is not empty.
1. 'Value1=empty' AND  'Value2=not empty' => OKAY
2. 'Value1=not empty' AND  'Value2=empty' => OKAY
3. 'Value1=not empty' AND  'Value2=not empty' => OKAY
4.  'Value1=empty' AND  'Value2=empty' => NOT OKAY

How can I do this? Group components together??
Any examples available?

Many thanks in advance!

Fred

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++

Re: PageLink with Button

Posted by Andreas Vombach <an...@psi.ch>.
...ok, the HTML can remain empty and the component is called with

<button jwcid="@PageButton" targetPage="newpage" label="go" />

Thanks again
Andreas

Re: PageLink with Button

Posted by Andreas Vombach <an...@psi.ch>.
Thank you, Markus for the component code. I'm (still) not too firm with
Components, I guess I'll need a PageButton.jwc like

<component-specification
    class="org.tdr.ui.components.PageButton"
    allow-body="no"
    allow-informal-parameters="no">
  <parameter name="targetPage" type="java.lang.String" required="yes"
direction="in"/>
  <parameter name="label" type="java.lang.String" required="no"
direction="in"/>
  <parameter name="disabled" type="java.lang.String" required="no"
direction="in"/>
</component-specification>

and some HTML spec file I'm not sure about the content ...??

Cheers Andreas

Re: PageLink with Button

Posted by Markus Wiederkehr <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have written my own component for this purpose. Have a look at the
attached source code.

Markus

PageLink with Button

Re: ValidFiled only required when ...

Posted by Markus Wiederkehr <ma...@gmail.com>.
Consistency checks have to done manually in the listener method.

See http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=10209

Markus