Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 松柳 <la...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/05 18:04:58 UTC

Browse remote cluster on Web UI?

Hi all!

 I setup a cluster on a remote machine on EC2, and configured mapreduce and
hdfs on "localhost" by specifying the property in core-site, hdfs-site,
mapred-site.xml as quick start guid shows.

I can see we UI and general task information well, but when I turned to logs
information, or browse the hdfs content, it fails and redirects to
"localhost.localdomain", and of course, my computer cannot browse these
pages without changing the host name to its realy public DNS name.

How can I solve this problem? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Song Liu