Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2001/08/08 16:20:45 UTC

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Steffen Haase wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some problems to compile the webapp module (servlet engine) for
> the apache webserver.
>
> The compiler miss the following files:
> mach-o/dyld.h
> dlfcn.h
> dl.h
>
> Where can I find these header files? Which packages do I have to
> download?
>
> System: SuSE Linux 7.2, Apache 1.3.20
> Module:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-b6/src/webapp-module-1.0-tc40b6.src.tar.gz
>
> Error Message:
> Making all in dso/unix
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/install/webapp/apr/dso/unix'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/install/webapp/apr/dso/unix'
> /bin/sh /usr/local/install/webapp/apr/libtool --silent --mode=compile cc
> -g -O2   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT   -I../../include
> -I../../include/arch -I../../include/arch/unix  -c dso.c && touch dso.lo
>
> In file included from dso.c:55:
> ../../include/arch/unix/dso.h:67: mach-o/dyld.h: No such file or
> directory
> make[3]: *** [dso.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/install/webapp/apr/dso/unix'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/install/webapp/apr/dso/unix'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/install/webapp/apr'
> make: *** [apr-all] Error 2
> cheiron:/usr/local/install/webapp #

Have you done configure before doing make?

> What is mach-o?

MacOS/X

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Steffen Haase wrote:

> Hi,
>
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
> > Finding it will not help. Something else is wrong.
> > At least 2 things:
> >
> > 1 - What is the result of your configure?
> >     (There must be something wrong).
>
> no, everything seems to be ok.
>
> > 2 - On my machine I have:
> >
> > +++
> > In file included from apr_cpystrn.c:55:
> > ../include/apr.h:281: sys/syslimits.h: No such file or directory
> > make[3]: *** [apr_cpystrn.lo] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jfclere/webapp/apr/strings'
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jfclere/webapp/apr/strings'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jfclere/webapp/apr'
> > make: *** [apr-all] Error 2
> > +++
> > The APR included in webapp is not OK (At least for SuSe 7.2).
>
> yes, I had the same error. locate syslimits.h to find the right directory and ln - . sys to create
> the sys directory for sys/syslimits.h
>
> > I have used an other one from CVS (tagged APACHE_2_0_22_dev). It works OK.
> > Could you try using APR from CVS?
>
> where can I find it? which subproject?

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co -r APACHE_2_0_22 apr
(password anoncvs, see http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html).
APACHE_2_0_22 is better that APACHE_2_0_22_dev...

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi Pier,

thanks for your help and your useful informations.

best regards,

Steffen

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads.

Posted by krishna allam <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All

   I am getting the following message written at
console and tomcat server is not responding once the
message is displayed.

   Next few sentences are from the tomcat.properties
file for the Thread pool
#
# Thread Pool parameters
#########################

# Enables or disables the use of the thread pool.
# Syntax: pool=[true|false] (boolean)
# Default: false
# WARNING: the pool has not been extensively tested
and may generate deadlocks.
# For this reason, we advise against using this code
in production environments.
pool=false

# Indicates the number of idle threads that the pool
may contain.
# Syntax: pool.capacity=(int)>0
# Default: 10
# NOTE: depending on your system load, this number
should be low for contantly
# loaded servers and should be increased depending on
load bursts.
pool.capacity=10

# Indicates the pool controller that should be used to
control the
# level of the recycled threads.
# Syntax: pool.controller=[full class of controller]
(String)
# Default: org.apache.java.recycle.DefaultController
# NOTE: it is safe to leave this unchanged unless
special recycle behavior
# is needed. Look at the "org.apache.java.recycle"
package javadocs for more
# info on other pool controllers and their behavior.
pool.controller=org.apache.java.recycle.DefaultController

   Although the pool=false is mentioned its still
giving the same message.

    Could anyone please help me in finding solution
for this problem.  I have searched in archives but
did'nt found any reply to these sort of questions.

2.   I would also like to increase the cache memory
and heap memory while starting tomcat server.
      Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
Krishna

http://im.yahoo.com/

ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads.

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:

> Steffen Haase at hoppel@celocom.de wrote:
>
> > Hi Pier,

> >> The only option left I see is: can you try the pre-built binaries from the
> >> website?
> >
> > I tried the pre-build binary on friday evening and yes, it works. I tried to
> > compile and link the sources on a Slackware Linux as well and I had the same
> > problems. Which OS do you use to compile the sources? Red Hat?
>
> RedHat 7.1... Craig did the build (I don't have a Linux box), and AFAIK he
> didn't have any problem... Worked straight out of the box...

Correct ... I had no problems at all when following the directions
included in the jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webappp directory.

>     Pier

Craig

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi Pier,

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Steffen Haase at hoppel@celocom.de wrote:

> Steffen Haase wrote:
>
>> ...now I've got the following error messages
>
> I corrected the compile command in apache-1.3/Makefile and execute make clean
> and make. I've got the following errors

AAAARRRGHHHHH :( IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE :( :( (ok, I'm about to cry now).
All the symbols which are not found _are_ exported by Apache 1.3... And the
core is linked into the httpd binary... SHIT... I don't really get what's
happening...

I'm going to try to modify the build process to use APXS to build the shared
module (instead of the standard CC and LD commands)... Give me a couple of
hours, please...

    Pier (who can't figure out WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!)

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Steffen Haase wrote:

> ...now I've got the following error messages

I corrected the compile command in apache-1.3/Makefile and execute make clean and
make. I've got the following errors

---
Compiling sources in /tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3...
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'
[...]
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> That's definitely weird... If you have mod_so, LD_SHLIB _should_ be defined.
> Can you put "gcc" in your Makefile near APXS_LD_SHLIB, and see what happens.
> I really don't understand why this is happening...

I compiled and installed apache 2.0.22 as well. everything seems to be ok, but

cheiron:/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp # /usr/local/httpd-2.0/bin/apxs
-q LD_SHLIB
nothing :(

I still use the version 1.3.20 with dso support. the 2.0.22 is compiled with dso
support as well.

I changed the apache-1.3/Makefile
-------------
APXS_CC =            gcc
APXS_TARGET =        httpd
APXS_CFLAGS =        -DLINUX=22 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-DNO_DL_NEEDED
APXS_SBINDIR =       /usr/local/httpd/bin
APXS_CFLAGS_SHLIB =
APXS_INCLUDEDIR =    /usr/local/httpd/include
APXS_LD_SHLIB =      /usr/bin/gcc
APXS_LIBEXECDIR =    /usr/local/httpd/libexec
APXS_LDFLAGS_SHLIB =
APXS_SYSCONFDIR =    /usr/local/httpd/conf
APXS_LIBS_SHLIB =
APXS_PREFIX =        /usr/local/httpd

MODULE = mod_webapp.so
-------------

...now I've got the following error messages
-------------------
Compiling sources in /tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3...
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'
Linking Apache 1.3 WebApp Module
/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wa_log':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:270: undefined
reference to `ap_log_error'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_handler_log':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:278: undefined
reference to `ap_log_error'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_handler_setctype':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:294: undefined
reference to `ap_pstrdup'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:295: undefined
reference to `ap_pstrdup'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:295: undefined
reference to `ap_table_add'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_handler_setheader':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:305: undefined
reference to `ap_pstrdup'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:305: undefined
reference to `ap_pstrdup'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:305: undefined
reference to `ap_table_add'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_handler_commit':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:313: undefined
reference to `ap_send_http_header'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:314: undefined
reference to `ap_rflush'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_handler_flush':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:321: undefined
reference to `ap_rflush'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_handler_read':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:338: undefined
reference to `ap_should_client_block'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:342: undefined
reference to `ap_get_client_block'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_handler_write':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:357: undefined
reference to `ap_rwrite'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_match':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:401: undefined
reference to `ap_pstrdup'
mod_webapp.o: In function `wam_invoke':
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:429: undefined
reference to `ap_log_error'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:436: undefined
reference to `ap_get_remote_host'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:478: undefined
reference to `ap_setup_client_block'
/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/mod_webapp.c:486: undefined
reference to `ap_rflush'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [mod_webapp.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'
make: *** [local-all] Error 2
--------------------

Steffen

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi Pier,

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Steffen Haase at hoppel@celocom.de wrote:

> Hi Pier,
>
> "Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:
>
>> Don't worry... This is a patch that should make your module compile:
>
> I can compile, thats not the problem. I can't linking the mod_webapp.so

That patch fixed the double definition of -DLINUX in the compilation, that's
right...

>> RCS file:
>> /home/cvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/Makefile.in,v
>
> I changed my Makefile, but that's only a patch for compiling.

Yes... My bad (should read things twice or three times before replying).

> Steffen
>
> ---------- error message ------------
> Compiling sources in
> /usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib...
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib'
>
> Compiling sources in
> /usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3...
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'
> Linking Apache 1.3 WebApp Module
> /usr/local/install/jakarta/apr/libtool: mod_webapp.lo: command not found
> make[1]: *** [mod_webapp.so] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'
> make: *** [local-all] Error 2
> cheiron:/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp #

I'm looking at your Makefiles, and somehow there's something I don't
understant... It seems that your httpd is not configured to support DSO
modules. Can you check that the output of "httpd -l" includes "mod_so.c"?

Also, your "apxs" should export the command used for linking DSO modules.
For example, in my case when I hit "apxs -q LD_SHLIB", I get "cc", my
default "ld" command used for linking DSO modules... While from the makefile
you sent me, it seems that "apxs" is not outputting that value correctly.

Can you check those two things? Sorry for troubles...

    Pier

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi Pier,

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Steffen Haase at hoppel@celocom.de wrote:

> Hi Pier,
>
> "Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:
>
>> Can you send me your three Makefile, Makedefs and apache-1.3/Makefile files?
>> I believe that both APR and APXS are defining -DLINUX somehow, you should
>> see two colliding entries in one of those files (but please, SEND them)
>
> yes, there are two different entries. DLINUX=22 and DLINUX=2
>
> what's the meaning of '22' and '2'? the kernel version? My system runs under
> kernel 2.4.7.

Don't worry... This is a patch that should make your module compile:

cvs server: Diffing .
Index: Makefile.in
RCS file:
/home/cvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3/Makefile.in,v
retrieving revision 1.8
diff -U3 -r1.8 Makefile.in
--- Makefile.in 2001/08/06 22:48:45     1.8
+++ Makefile.in 2001/08/09 15:58:39
@@ -80,10 +80,11 @@
 mod_webapp.lo: mod_webapp.c @SRCDIR@/Makedefs
        @$(ECHO) Compiling Apache 1.3 WebApp module
        @$(SHELL) $(LIBTOOL) $(LTFLAGS) --mode=compile \
-               $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) \
-               $(APXS_CFLAGS) $(APXS_CFLAGS_SHLIB) \
-               -I$(APXS_INCLUDEDIR) $(CPPFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CPPFLAGS) \
-               -c $< -o $@
+               $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(APXS_CFLAGS) \
+                       $(APXS_CFLAGS_SHLIB) \
+                       -I$(APXS_INCLUDEDIR) \
+                       $(CPPFLAGS) \
+                       -c $< -o $@

 mod_webapp.so: mod_webapp.lo @SRCDIR@/lib/libwebapp.la @APRDIR@/libapr.la
        @$(ECHO) Linking Apache 1.3 WebApp Module

> another thing is the file apache-1.3/mod_webapp.lo.
> --- mod_webapp.lo ---
> timestamp
> ------------------------
>
> I thing this is the reason for the error message. I can't find the
> program/command timestamp on my system.

Nope... This is the correct from libtool's perspective... Don't worry about
it.

    Pier

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi Pier,

"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Can you send me your three Makefile, Makedefs and apache-1.3/Makefile files?
> I believe that both APR and APXS are defining -DLINUX somehow, you should
> see two colliding entries in one of those files (but please, SEND them)

yes, there are two different entries. DLINUX=22 and DLINUX=2

what's the meaning of '22' and '2'? the kernel version? My system runs under
kernel 2.4.7.

another thing is the file apache-1.3/mod_webapp.lo.
--- mod_webapp.lo ---
timestamp
------------------------

I thing this is the reason for the error message. I can't find the
program/command timestamp on my system.

thanks in advance

Steffen

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi Pier,

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi Pier,

thanks for your help.

"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> >> Finding it will not help. Something else is wrong.
> >> At least 2 things:
> >>
> >> 1 - What is the result of your configure?
> >>     (There must be something wrong).
> >
> > no, everything seems to be ok.
>
> Can you send the output?

I checked out the apr (APACHE_2_0_22) and the jakarta-tomcat-connectors
sources. I can compile the sources but not linking :(

Steffen

------------ make --------------
Compiling sources in
/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib...
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib'
Generating pr_warp_defs.h
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib'

Compiling sources in
/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3...

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'

Compiling Apache 1.3 WebApp module
*Initialization*:1: warning: `LINUX' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
Linking Apache 1.3 WebApp Module
/usr/local/install/jakarta/apr/libtool: mod_webapp.lo: command not found

make[1]: *** [mod_webapp.so] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'

make: *** [local-all] Error 2
cheiron:/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp #

------------- ./configure -----------
cheiron:/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp
#./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/httpd/bin/apxs
--with-apr=/usr/local/install/jakarta/apr/
checking for test... (cached) /usr/bin/test
checking for true... (cached) /bin/true
checking for echo... (cached) /bin/echo
checking for grep... (cached) /usr/bin/grep
checking for cat... (cached) /bin/cat
checking for sed... (cached) /usr/bin/sed
checking for rm... (cached) /bin/rm
checking sources directory...
/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp
checking debugging flags... disabled
checking Java support... disabled
checking Tomcat 4.0 directory... not required
checking if apxs is working... ok
setting target module to...
/usr/local/install/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3
checking APR directory... /usr/local/install/jakarta/apr

Building APR configure script
  Invoking: ./buildconf
    APR buildconf: buildconf: checking installation...
    APR buildconf: buildconf: autoconf version 2.13 (ok)
    APR buildconf: buildconf: libtool version 1.3.5 (ok)
    APR buildconf: Copying libtool helper files ...
    APR buildconf: Creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in ...
    APR buildconf: Creating configure ...
  Execution of ./buildconf returned 0

Configuring APR
  Invoking: ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
--disable-threads
    APR configure: loading cache ./config.cache
    APR configure: checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: checking target system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: checking build system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: Configuring APR library
    APR configure: Platform: i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: Applying APR hints file rules for i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: setting CPPFLAGS to "-DLINUX=2"
    APR configure: adding "-D_REENTRANT" to CPPFLAGS
    APR configure: (Default will be unix)
    APR configure: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
    APR configure: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
    APR configure: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no
    APR configure: checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached)
gcc -E
    APR configure: checking for mawk... (cached) gawk
    APR configure: checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
    APR configure: checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached)
/usr/bin/install -c
    APR configure: checking for rm... (cached) rm
    APR configure: checking for ar... (cached) ar
    APR configure: checking for AIX... no
    APR configure: checking for POSIXized ISC... no
    APR configure: checking for minix/config.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking whether system uses EBCDIC... (cached) no
    APR configure: performing libtool configuration...
    APR configure: checking for ld used by GCC... (cached)
/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld
    APR configure: checking if the linker (/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld)
is GNU ld... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached)
/usr/bin/nm -B
    APR configure: loading cache ./config.cache within ltconfig
    APR configure: checking for object suffix... o
    APR configure: checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
    APR configure: checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
    APR configure: checking if the linker (/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld)
is GNU ld... yes
    APR configure: checking whether the linker
(/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
    APR configure: checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok

    APR configure: checking how to hardcode library paths into
programs... immediate
    APR configure: checking for /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld option to
reload object files... -r
    APR configure: checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux
ld.so
    APR configure: checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
    APR configure: checking whether to build shared libraries... no
    APR configure: checking whether to build static libraries... yes
    APR configure: checking for objdir... .libs
    APR configure: creating libtool
    APR configure: loading cache ./config.cache
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Check for compiler flags...
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for Threads...
    APR configure: APR will be non-threaded
    APR configure: checking for sigsuspend... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sigwait... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for poll... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for getpwnam_r... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for getpwuid_r... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for getgrgid_r... (cached) yes
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for Shared Memory Support...
    APR configure: configuring package in shmem/unix/mm now
    APR configure: loading cache ../../.././config.cache
    APR configure: checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: checking target system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: checking build system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: Platform = i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: Configuring MM (Shared Memory Library), Version 1.1.1
(30-Apr-2000)
    APR configure: Copyright (c) 1999-2000 Ralf S. Engelschall, All
Rights Reserved.
    APR configure: Platform: i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Build Tools:
    APR configure: checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
    APR configure: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
    APR configure: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no
    APR configure: checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached)
gcc -E
    APR configure: checking for compilation debug mode... disabled
    APR configure: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
    APR configure: Calling ltconfig with PLATFORM=i586-pc-linux-gnu
    APR configure: checking for ranlib... ranlib
    APR configure: checking for object suffix... o
    APR configure: checking for executable suffix... no
    APR configure: checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
    APR configure: checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
... yes
    APR configure: checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
    APR configure: checking whether ln -s works... yes
    APR configure: checking for ld used by GCC...
/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld
    APR configure: checking if the linker (/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld)
is GNU ld... yes
    APR configure: checking whether the linker
(/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
    APR configure: checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
    APR configure: checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok

    APR configure: checking how to hardcode library paths into
programs... immediate
    APR configure: checking for /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld option to
reload object files... -r
    APR configure: checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux
ld.so
    APR configure: checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
    APR configure: checking whether to build shared libraries... no
    APR configure: checking whether to build static libraries... yes
    APR configure: checking for objdir... .libs
    APR configure: creating libtool
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Platform Environment:
    APR configure: checking for stdio.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for string.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for errno.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: decision on mandatory system headers... all fine
    APR configure: checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for memcpy... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for memset... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for bcopy... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for _POSIX_PATH_MAX in limits.h... (cached)
yes
    APR configure: checking for PATH_MAX in limits.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for MAXPATHLEN in sys/param.h... (cached)
yes
    APR configure: checking for _POSIX_CHILD_MAX in limits.h... (cached)
yes
    APR configure: checking for CHILD_MAX in limits.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Virtual Memory Page Size:
    APR configure: checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sysconf... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for _SC_PAGESIZE in unistd.h... (cached) yes

    APR configure: checking for B_PAGE_SIZE in kernel/OS.h... (cached)
no
    APR configure: decision on memory page size determination... POSIX.1
sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE)
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Shared Memory Implementation:
    APR configure: checking for sys/mman.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for MAP_ANON in sys/mman.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for mmap... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for munmap... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for shm_open... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for shm_unlink... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for /dev/zero... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/ipc.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/shm.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for shmget... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for shmat... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for shmdt... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for shmctl... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for create_area... (cached) no
    APR configure: decision on shared memory allocation method... SysV
IPC shmget()
    APR configure: checking for shared memory maximum segment size...
(cached) 32MB
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Mutual Exclusion Implementation:
    APR configure: checking for sys/ipc.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for semget... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for semctl... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for LOCK_EX in sys/file.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for F_SETLK in fcntl.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for IPC_PRIVATE in sys/ipc.h... (cached) yes

    APR configure: checking for SEM_UNDO in sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for create_sem... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking whether union semun is defined in
sys/sem.h... no
    APR configure: decision on mutex implementation method... SVR4-style
fcntl() on temporary file
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Output Substitution:
    APR configure: creating ./config.status
    APR configure: creating Makefile
    APR configure: creating mm-config
    APR configure: creating mm_conf.h
    APR configure: mm_conf.h is unchanged
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Now please type `make' to compile. Good luck.
    APR configure:
    APR configure: shmem/unix/mm configured properly
    APR configure: loading cache ./config.cache
    APR configure: checking for Shared memory support... anonymous
    APR configure: checking for MM_SHMT_MMFILE in
./shmem/unix/mm/mm_conf.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for library containing gethostname...
(cached) none required
    APR configure: checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for library containing crypt... (cached)
-lcrypt
    APR configure: checking for main in -ltruerand... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for iconv in -liconv... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for modf in -lm... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for calloc... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for stricmp... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for setsid... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for nl_langinfo... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for isinf... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for isnan... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for setrlimit... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for getrlimit... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for writev... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sendfilev in -lsendfile... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for sendfile... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for send_file... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for sendfilev... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for sigaction... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys_siglist declaration in signal.h or
unistd.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for fork... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for getpass... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for inet_addr... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for inet_network... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for _getch... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for gmtime_r... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for localtime_r... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for iconv... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for type of inbuf parameter to iconv... char
**
    APR configure: checking for mmap... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for hstrerror... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for memmove... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for mkstemp... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking whether sigwait takes one argument...
(cached) no
    APR configure: checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for ByteOrder.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for conio.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for crypt.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for ctype.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for dir.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for dirent.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for dl.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for errno.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for grp.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for iconv.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for io.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for langinfo.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for mach-o/dyld.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for malloc.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for netdb.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for osreldate.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for poll.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for process.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for pwd.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for signal.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for stdarg.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for stddef.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for stdio.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for string.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sysapi.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for sysgtime.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for termios.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for time.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for tpfeq.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for tpfio.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for unix.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for arpa/inet.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for net/errno.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for netinet/in.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/mman.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/poll.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/resource.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/select.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/sendfile.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/signal.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/socket.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/syslimits.h... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/uio.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sys/wait.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for netinet/tcp.h... yes
    APR configure: checking for h_errno in netdb.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for off_t... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for pid_t... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for size_t... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for ssize_t... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for inline... (cached) inline
    APR configure: checking for working const... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for size_t... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking whether setpgrp takes no argument...
(cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for socklen_t... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking whether system defines INADDR_NONE...
(cached) yes
    APR configure: checking size of char... (cached) 1
    APR configure: checking size of int... (cached) 4
    APR configure: checking size of long... (cached) 4
    APR configure: checking size of short... (cached) 2
    APR configure: checking size of long double... (cached) 12
    APR configure: checking size of long long... (cached) 8
    APR configure: checking for INT64_C in stdint.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking size of ssize_t... (cached) 4
    APR configure: checking size of size_t... (cached) 4
    APR configure: checking size of off_t... (cached) 4
    APR configure: checking size of pid_t... (cached) 4
    APR configure: checking for strnicmp... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for strncasecmp... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for stricmp... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for strdup... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for strstr... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for memchr... (cached) yes
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for DSO...
    APR configure: checking for NSLinkModule... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
    APR configure: adding "-ldl" to LIBS
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for Processes...
    APR configure: checking for waitpid... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking struct rlimit... (cached) yes
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for Locking...
    APR configure: checking for semget... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for semctl... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for flock... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for /dev/zero... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for union semun in sys/sem.h... no
    APR configure: checking for LOCK_EX in sys/file.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for F_SETLK in fcntl.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for SEM_UNDO in sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for CODESET in langinfo.h... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for POLLIN in poll.h sys/poll.h... (cached)
yes
    APR configure: decision on apr_lock implementation method...
SVR4-style fcntl()
    APR configure: checking if interprocess lock affects threads... no
    APR configure: checking for /dev/random... /dev/random
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for Time Support...
    APR configure: checking for tm_gmtoff in struct tm... (cached) yes
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for Networking support...
    APR configure: checking for in_addr in netinet/in.h... yes
    APR configure: checking if fd == socket on this platform... yes
    APR configure: checking for sockaddr sa_len... (cached) no
    APR configure: checking for gethostbyname() which handles numeric
address strings... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking if TCP_NODELAY setting is inherited from
listening sockets... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for TCP_CORK in netinet/tcp.h... (cached)
yes
    APR configure: checking for TCP_NOPUSH in netinet/tcp.h... (cached)
no
    APR configure: checking for SO_ACCEPTFILTER in sys/socket.h...
(cached) no
    APR configure: checking for set_h_errno... (cached) no
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Checking for IPv6 Networking support...
    APR configure: checking for library containing getaddrinfo...
(cached) none required
    APR configure: checking for library containing getnameinfo...
(cached) none required
    APR configure: checking for working getaddrinfo... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for working getnameinfo... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking for sockaddr_in6... (cached) yes
    APR configure: checking if APR supports IPv6... yes
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Restore user-defined environment settings...
    APR configure: restoring CPPFLAGS to ""
    APR configure: setting EXTRA_CPPFLAGS to "-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT"
    APR configure: restoring CFLAGS to ""
    APR configure: setting EXTRA_CFLAGS to "-g -O2"
    APR configure: restoring LDFLAGS to ""
    APR configure: setting EXTRA_LDFLAGS to ""
    APR configure: restoring LIBS to ""
    APR configure: setting EXTRA_LIBS to "-lm -lcrypt -lnsl  -ldl"
    APR configure: restoring INCLUDES to ""
    APR configure: setting EXTRA_INCLUDES to ""
    APR configure:
    APR configure: Construct Makefiles and header files.
    APR configure: creating ./config.status
    APR configure: creating Makefile
    APR configure: creating strings/Makefile
    APR configure: creating passwd/Makefile
    APR configure: creating tables/Makefile
    APR configure: creating build/Makefile
    APR configure: creating file_io/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating network_io/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating threadproc/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating misc/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating locks/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating time/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating mmap/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating shmem/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating i18n/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating user/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating memory/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating dso/unix/Makefile
    APR configure: creating test/Makefile
    APR configure: creating include/apr.h
    APR configure: creating APRVARS
    APR configure: creating build/rules.mk
    APR configure: creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h
  Execution of ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
--disable-threads returned 0
checking APR configuration... ok
creating ./config.status
creating Makedefs
creating Makefile
creating lib/Makefile
creating java/Makefile
creating java/Constants.java
creating apache-1.3/Makefile

All done. Now you can issue "make". Good luck.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Steffen Haase at hoppel@celocom.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
>> Finding it will not help. Something else is wrong.
>> At least 2 things:
>>
>> 1 - What is the result of your configure?
>>     (There must be something wrong).
>
> no, everything seems to be ok.

Can you send the output?

    Pier

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi,

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Steffen Haase wrote:

> Hi,
>
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
> > Have you done configure before doing make?
>
> yes, of course.
>

> > > What is mach-o?
> >
> > MacOS/X
>
> where can I find it? It seems that I need these header files for compiling the webapp sources.

Finding it will not help. Something else is wrong.
At least 2 things:

1 - What is the result of your configure?
    (There must be something wrong).

2 - On my machine I have:

+++
In file included from apr_cpystrn.c:55:
../include/apr.h:281: sys/syslimits.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [apr_cpystrn.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jfclere/webapp/apr/strings'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jfclere/webapp/apr/strings'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jfclere/webapp/apr'
make: *** [apr-all] Error 2
+++
The APR included in webapp is not OK (At least for SuSe 7.2).

I have used an other one from CVS (tagged APACHE_2_0_22_dev). It works OK.
Could you try using APR from CVS?

You have to solve 1 before 2 ;-)

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Steffen Haase at hoppel@celocom.de wrote:

> "Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:
>
>> Upgrade to the latest CVS version, run configure and send me the output of
>> what comes out of it... (Actually, read the whole README coming with the CVS
>> version)
>
> ok, I'll try it. Where can I find the newest apr sources? (cvs-tree)
>
> thanks a lot.

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
(password anoncvs)

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Steffen Haase at hoppel@celocom.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
>> Have you done configure before doing make?
>
> yes, of course.

Upgrade to the latest CVS version, run configure and send me the output of
what comes out of it... (Actually, read the whole README coming with the CVS
version)

>>> What is mach-o?
>>
>> MacOS/X
>
> where can I find it? It seems that I need these header files for compiling the
> webapp sources.

You can't FIND it... It's an operating system.

    Pier

Re: problem make webapp module for apache

Posted by Steffen Haase <ho...@celocom.de>.
Hi,

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
jean-frederic clere at jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com wrote:

> Steffen Haase wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some problems to compile the webapp module (servlet engine) for
>> the apache webserver.
>>
>> The compiler miss the following files:
>> mach-o/dyld.h
>> dlfcn.h
>> dl.h
>>
>> Where can I find these header files? Which packages do I have to
>> download?
>>
>> [...]
>
> Have you done configure before doing make?

Something must have gone wrong in configure. Under Linux mach-o shouldn't be
defined, unless Suse didn't start integrating the NSMoule Dynamic Linker
Loader...

>> What is mach-o?
>
> MacOS/X

Nope... It's MACH. It's a kernel used by several operating systems INCLUDING
OS/X, but not only that. OS/2 is another example...

    Pier