Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Tien Dat PHAN <tp...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/07 16:59:53 UTC

Consuming a specific protocol type

Dear experts,

We just wonder if it is possible to configure a Dubbo consumer to consume only a specific protocol type.
For instance, we have an interface exported with two type of protocols: dubbo:// and http://
But for a specific consumer, we want this consumer to consume only the dubbo:// protocol, what is the way to configure it, if it is possible? Could you please enlighten us?

FYI, we are using Dubbo 2.7.6 with Java 8 and on CentOS 7.5.

Best regards
Tien Dat PHAN

Re: Consuming a specific protocol type

Posted by Tien Dat PHAN <tp...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for bothering, we just simply missed this method.

For those who are interested, here is what we use to configure a specific type of protocol to consume for a consumer:

final ReferenceConfig<T> reference = new ReferenceConfig<>();
reference.setInterface(myinterface);
reference.setProtocol("dubbo");

This will make sure this consumer reference target only provider via dubbo protocol (provider urls start with dubbo://)

Best
Dat