Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 21:47:13 UTC

Naming Integration Tests

Hey everyone,

Working on HBASE-4454 and HBASE-4336, and the last major blocker seems to be
naming of integration tests. Like with unit tests, we should probably just
pick a single naming convention, and roll with it.

The default schema from failsafe is:
**/IT*.java
**/*IT.java
**/*ITCase.java

There was also discussion about alternatives do to some issues (my favorite
conversion was something like "ITHCM.java").

The proposed alternatives were:
**/ITest*.java
**/*ITest.java
**/IntegrationTest*.java

I was thinking we would just go with IntegrationTest*.java. This avoids
consecutive capitalization ugliness, keeps a similar format to the unit
tests (kinda), and helps to avoid people forgetting to include the 'I' in
specifying their tests. Also, test names are long anyways, so its not a big
deal if they are a little longer.

Does anyone have any strong feels either way?

-Jesse Yates

Re: Naming Integration Tests

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I'm good w/ an IntegrationTest prefix.  Hopefully the tests are so
fat, they are deserving of such a wide-ass name.
Good stuff Jesse,
St.Ack