Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Flo <fl...@free.fr> on 2004/03/03 20:45:18 UTC

RE : how to get or build a mod_jk module for Cygwin Apache ?

I thought FreeBSD works like cygwin but it seems wrong.

I tried the mod_jk_1_2_5_2_0_47.dll I got errors launching httpd :
Win32 error 126 (The specified module could not be found)
I needed to add ApacheCore.dll Win9xConHook.dll to the PATH
Then i got another error message : Win32 error 127 (The specified
procedure could not be found).
Then I tried mod_jk2-1.3.27.dll but I get this error :

Syntax error on line 1020 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `jk_module' in file
/usr/lib/apache/mod_jk2-1.
3.27.dll: dlsym: Win32 error 127

So I thought to build any mod_jk but how ?
I would like to find a better and easier solution.

Posted by Flo <fl...@free.fr>.
Hello,

I installed the apache1.3.29 standard version downloaded from
httpd.apache.org with the ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache command
then make then make install then i copied the
/tmp/apache_1.3.29/src/httpd.exe to /usr/local/apache/bin and i start it
successfully. Then I added the mod_jk2-1.3.27.dll to the
/usr/local/apache/libexec with the two others windows apache dll needed
and updated the httpd.conf like this at the end :

#  TOMCAT JK
# Load mod_jk module
# Update this path to match your modules location
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk2-1.3.27.dll

# Declare the module for <IfModule directive>
AddModule mod_jk.c

but still get an error :

$ /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
[Thu Mar  4 11:50:29 2004] [warn] Apache does not support line-end
comments. Consider using quotes around argument: "#-1" Syntax error on
line 950 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl
start: httpd could not be started

Have you any solution ?

Flo

> I thought FreeBSD works like cygwin but it seems wrong.

FreeBSD is a 'real' UNIX flavor, while cygwin provider UNIX-like
services and libraries on win32.

> I tried the mod_jk_1_2_5_2_0_47.dll I got errors launching httpd :
> Win32 error 126 (The specified module could not be found)
> I needed to add ApacheCore.dll Win9xConHook.dll to the PATH
> Then i got another error message : Win32 error 127 (The specified
> procedure could not be found).

You shouldn't have used mod_sk_1_2_5__2_0_47.dll -- that's for Apache
2.0, not Apache 1.3.

> Then I tried mod_jk2-1.3.27.dll but I get this error :
>
> Syntax error on line 1020 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Can't locate API module structure `jk_module' in file
> /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk2-1.
> 3.27.dll: dlsym: Win32 error 127

You probably have the dll in the wrong place. The standard location for
Apache modules is in the 'modules' directory in the Apache installation.

> So I thought to build any mod_jk but how?

You'll have the same problems if you build it yourself. You still need
to put it in the right place.

> I would like to find a better and easier solution.

Are you using Apache as a package that was installed via Cygwin? You
might have better luck with the 'standard' distribution, which comes
with a very simple installer, from httpd.apache.org.

Posted by Flo <fl...@free.fr>.
On cygwin, the modules are located in the /lib/apache directory

Look at the httpd.conf of cygwin apache :
# LoadModule foo_module libexec/mod_foo.so
LoadModule vhost_alias_module lib/apache/mod_vhost_alias.dll
LoadModule env_module         lib/apache/mod_env.dll
LoadModule config_log_module  lib/apache/mod_log_config.dll
LoadModule mime_magic_module  lib/apache/mod_mime_magic.dll
LoadModule mime_module        lib/apache/mod_mime.dll

I don't understand why the end of the error message changed :
$ /usr/sbin/httpd.exe
Syntax error on line 1020 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk2-1.3.27.dll into server: dlopen:
Win32 error 126

And why it says that the mod_jk is in /usr/lib/apache instead
/lib/apache.

The end of my httpd.conf :

# Load mod_jk module
# Update this path to match your modules location
#LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
LoadModule jk_module lib/apache/mod_jk2-1.3.27.dll

# Declare the module for <IfModule directive>
AddModule mod_jk.c

# Where to find workers.properties
# Update this path to match your conf directory location (put
workers.properties next to httpd.conf)
JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties

# Where to put jk logs
# Update this path to match your logs directory location (put mod_jk.log
next to access_log)
JkLogFile /var/log/apache/mod_jk.log

# Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
JkLogLevel info

# Select the log format

I will try a 'standard' distribution of apache as you suggested

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@comcast.net>.
Flo,