Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID> on 2019/11/07 17:47:59 UTC

Hosting Sling

Hi

Does anyone have experience with hosting a small Apache Sling site?

Or is the best solution to run Sling on a Cloud Server (AWS, Azure etc)?

Cheers - Andy

Re: Hosting Sling

Posted by Mahsum Demir <ma...@outlook.com>.
I am also using apache sling cms with vagrant in front of apache server. All of the components are inside a docker container and  it is running in the smallest Digitial Ocean droplet with 2gbs of swap memory.

It costs me 5 US dollars in a month.

________________________________
Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Hosting Sling

Posted by Chris Millar <cm...@apache.org>.
I host experiencemanaged.com on Linode with the official Sling Docker
container. There's a cache in front for the public facing site that is
{cough} very similar to Dispatcher. I use Let's Encrypt for my certs.

One thing I have found is that 'production' Sling + Oak needs at least
1.2GB of heap for garbage collection / compaction / etc to reliably run for
long periods (months+). Someone who is better at Oak / Java tuning might
have better luck here to get that requirement lower.

I would maybe consider Azure or AWS instead of Linode these days, but there
would have to be a compelling reason.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer any other questions.