Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2012/09/01 03:14:00 UTC

Re: Trunk Console Changes

Quite weird, it looks like your browser is sending an Authorization header
with a value that can't be recognized. Does it work with another browser or
if you restart your browser. Anyway I'll see how the system could handle
unrecognized Authorization values more gracefully.

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Trunk Console Changes

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Rupert Westenthaler <
rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür
> <me...@farewellutopia.com> wrote:
> > Hi Rupert
> >
> > Expect a fix for this issue by the end of the week. Consider that the
> users
> > experiencing the issue are the most capable ones that were able to change
> > the console password.
>
> It definitely also affects user that do not change the password.
> Yesterday, Sebastian Schaffert experienced this on a fresh new Stanbol
> instance (on the first start, first access to the Felix Console) and
> it also happened to myself. However it appears only from time to time
> and is not something one can easily reproduce ... looks more like a
> race condition.

Well there is the situation of conflicting passwords in which case the
problem is always reproducible. This was the problem on dev.iks and iiuc on
Dave's instance.

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Trunk Console Changes

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür
<me...@farewellutopia.com> wrote:
> Hi Rupert
>
> Expect a fix for this issue by the end of the week. Consider that the users
> experiencing the issue are the most capable ones that were able to change
> the console password.

It definitely also affects user that do not change the password.
Yesterday, Sebastian Schaffert experienced this on a fresh new Stanbol
instance (on the first start, first access to the Felix Console) and
it also happened to myself. However it appears only from time to time
and is not something one can easily reproduce ... looks more like a
race condition.

> If you can't wait till the end of the week I could even commit a quick fix
> later today.

I think a fix later this week should be OK.

best
Rupert

Re: Trunk Console Changes

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <me...@farewellutopia.com>.