Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Erik Dasque <ed...@silverstream.com> on 2000/03/22 18:21:03 UTC

newline problem

Hi all,

I am using the following code to create a TextNode :

		Text myTxtNode = myXMLDocument.createTextNode(s_Text);

where s_Text contains a string with newlines.

It seems that whenever upgrading Xerces (probably from 1.01 to 1.03) broke
my code so that my newline information disappears and thus is not processed
by my XSL (which contains a template to replace newlines by <BR/>).

Any idea ? TIA

Ed.

Re: Bug in tutorial

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu>.
>Thanks to those who advised me a tutorial
>http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/slides/sd2000west/xmlandjava/189.html.
>Just the code lines
>    BigInteger low  = BigInteger.ZERO;
>    BigInteger high = BigInteger.ONE;
>need to be changed into
>    BigInteger low  = new BigInteger ("0");
>    BigInteger high = new BigInteger ("1");

Those lines require Java 1.2 where BigInteger.ZERO and BigInteger.ONE
were added. For Java 1.1, the changes you suggest should work.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |