Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bernd Schiffer <sc...@yahoo.de> on 2001/08/30 09:59:14 UTC

Cookies and Listeners

Hi Users!

I have some problems to configure jmeter to do what I want it to do.
First of all there is a problem with the listeners. Is it possible to
create a listener not only for a threadgroup, but for a simple
controller or for a Web Testing Controller? What I want to do is to
measure the time between two request to a website.
For example there are three requests: www.test.de/1.htm, ../2.htm and
../3.htm, exactly in this sequence. Now I want to get three graphic
listeners: the first showing the time for 1.htm, the second showing the
time for 2.htm and so on.
To solve my problem I tried to seperate the threadgroup, but there's no
way (ast least I found no way ;-) to run the threadgroups
consecutively. How can I get what I want?

The other problem: My activities in my browser will be answered from a
tomcat-server. What I try to test is the right answers of tomcat,
respectively the webapps in tomcat. Tomcat is working with session
management. This session management uses cookies to allocate a session
to a user. My question: how do jmeter handle cookies? Will it accept
every cookie the server want set to manage the session? Or will it deny
the access to set a cookie?

I hope you will understand my problems...?! I really hope so,

regards,

Bernd Schiffer
- Univerity Bremen -