Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Stenberg <da...@haxx.se> on 2001/06/11 07:16:12 UTC

my CVS access is gone

Hey

(I'm sorry to drag this to the development list, but I can't seem to get this
in order by myself.)

Anyone knows who, what or where am I supposed to contact to get my tigris.org
CVS access fixed?

Two weeks ago something, I suddenly couldn't 'cvs update' anymore and the
people I've contacted in the matter have not been able to correct this. I
seem to have been removed.

I find it annoying.

Is tigris.org just running along by itself? Is there no one that can manually
fix bugs? (I am still listed as 'Developer' on the site and I've been told I
am "supposed to have CVS access" then.)

My problem:

% cvs up -dP
Fatal error, aborting.
daniel: no such user
cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.tigris.org rejected
access

% cat CVS/Root
:pserver:daniel@cvs.tigris.org:/cvs

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77

Re: my CVS access is gone

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@collab.net>.
Once again, thank you Daniel R. for picking up the ball!

-K

Re: my CVS access is gone

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: my CVS access is gone

Posted by Daniel Stenberg <da...@haxx.se>.
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> I just revoked your Developer role, then added it back. Dunno if that will
> fix things, but it is worth a shot

Thanks for trying, but no, nothing changed. :-(

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77

Re: my CVS access is gone

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
I just revoked your Developer role, then added it back. Dunno if that will
fix things, but it is worth a shot. Otherwise, Karl is going to have to beat
somebody around to get this working. He also has shell access to the machine
and (might) be able to figure out what happened.

Anyhow... please see if my remove/add has fixed things.

Cheers,
-g

p.s. and no... I don't know much about tigris.org and its mgmt...