Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcio E Miranda <Ma...@fastsearch.com> on 2006/03/11 19:10:12 UTC

Struts Shale documentation

Hi guys,

I've read the material about Shale and Clay in the website but am still
confused about the details (I tried to put something to work and it
wasn't that easy).

Could you point me to a more thorough documentation on these products?
Do you know if there is a book or good tutorial available?

Clay seems to be an amazing technology but a good documentation is
lacking (I understand this is a working in progress).

Best regards,

Marcio.

Re: Struts Shale documentation

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 3/11/06, Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Brett McLaughlin has just published the first of what looks like a series
> of five articles on IBM DeveloperWorks about Shale ... I imagine that will
> be useful.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-shale0228/?ca=drs-

Craig

Re: Struts Shale documentation

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 3/11/06, Marcio E Miranda <Ma...@fastsearch.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> I've read the material about Shale and Clay in the website but am still
> confused about the details (I tried to put something to work and it
> wasn't that easy).
>

> Could you point me to a more thorough documentation on these products?
> Do you know if there is a book or good tutorial available?

There are no books available (yet, I hope ... I've heard about a few
possibilities).  Brett McLaughlin has just published the first of what looks
like a series of five articles on IBM DeveloperWorks about Shale ... I
imagine that will be useful.

In the mean time, the Javadocs for the various packages are fairly thorough,
and are worth some study.  As are the existing sample applications.

Clay seems to be an amazing technology but a good documentation is
> lacking (I understand this is a working in progress).

Yep ... in progress, but you can learn a lot by looking at how the Use Cases
example pages are put together.  They illustrate a variety of approaches for
using Clay.

Best regards,

> Marcio.

Craig