Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Matt Ivankov <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/03 04:27:14 UTC

AWS - Master and Slave can't communicate

Hi,

I'm new to Mesos and Marathon and I'd like to install it on AWS. For start,
I wanted to create 1 master and 1 slave (Mesos version 0.20.1).

I've followed the steps on these links numerous times:
-
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-a-production-ready-mesosphere-cluster-on-ubuntu-14-04
- http://mesosphere.com/docs/getting-started/datacenter/install/

However, master and slave can't communicate. I don't see the slave on
master.

When I run mesos-execute --master=$MASTER --name="cluster-test"
--command="sleep 5", this is the output:

    New master detected at master@172.30.24.22:5050
    No credentials provided. Attempting to register without authentication

and  it just hangs. When I look at the logs (cat
/var/log/mesos/mesos-slave.WARNING), this is what I see:

    Master disconnected! Waiting for a new master to be elected

When I type MASTER=$(mesos-resolve `cat /etc/mesos/zk`), I can actually see
that slave finds the master (zookeeper is running on the master with mesos)

    A new leading master (UPID=master@172.30.24.22:5050) is detected

Clearly I'm missing something but I've run out of ideas. I'd appreciate it
if someone could point out what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance,

Re: AWS - Master and Slave can't communicate

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
At the very least, you'll need port 5051 for the slave too.

Posted by Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>.

Posted by Matt Ivankov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>.