Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl> on 2004/06/08 13:21:36 UTC

RawRequestParameterModule

Currently it returns url decoded values (so exactly like
RequestParameterModule). I found in the archives that this might not be
fixable as request does not provide url-encoded values. If so it should be
removed and an input module url-encode introduced. So you could do:

map:generate src="http://remote/page?param={url-encode:{request-param:param1}}

PS. Is that the proper syntax for module nesting?
PS2. Can I provide a patch?

	LG

unsuscribe

Posted by Elvira Nieto Carretero <en...@sadiel.es>.
unsuscribe

Re: RawRequestParameterModule

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Currently it returns url decoded values (so exactly like
> RequestParameterModule). I found in the archives that this might not
> be fixable as request does not provide url-encoded values. If so it
> should be removed and an input module url-encode introduced. So you
> could do:
>
> map:generate
> src="http://remote/page?param={url-encode:{request-param:param1}}
>
> PS. Is that the proper syntax for module nesting?

Yup.

> PS2. Can I provide a patch?

Looks useful to me. I'd say go for it.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: RawRequestParameterModule

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Already provided for url-encoding. It almost looks silly to provide a
> patch with such a small class.

Whoops, lost the messages in the shuffle.  Thanks.  No matter how small
something is, it's generally better to always put it in bugzilla.

> Should I also implement a url-encoded-request-param metamodule? It looks
> like this will be the 90% of all uses so it would be convenient to have
> one module instead of {url-encode:{request-param:param}}. Typing this
> makes the fingers ache :)

Go right ahead, sounds useful.

> This is less than 10 lines of effective code so I'll just duplicate it
> for url-decoding ok?

Sure

Regards,
Tony

Re: RawRequestParameterModule

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Currently it returns url decoded values (so exactly like
> RequestParameterModule). I found in the archives that this might not be
> fixable as request does not provide url-encoded values. If so it should
> be removed and an input module url-encode introduced. So you could do:
>
> map:generate
> src="http://remote/page?param={url-encode:{request-param:param1}}
>
> PS. Is that the proper syntax for module nesting?
> PS2. Can I provide a patch?

+1, This is something I never got around to ;)  Don't forget the
URLDecoder, as well. Provide a patch and file it in Bugzilla so it
doesn't get lost.

>     LG

Tony