Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Russell, Steve" <St...@valueoptions.com> on 2001/07/06 18:36:02 UTC

Help: no luck using JavaService to make Tomcat A Service

Hi;

Several people recomended JavaService to make Tomcat a service.

I tried it, it was easy, and it didn't work :).

I'm on windows 2000, I'm using
I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1
I'm using the JDK 1.3.1

My TOMCAT_HOME = C:\Tomcat
My JAVA_HOME     =  C:\JDK

I unzipped all of the JavaService bin files into C:\Tomcat\bin

I then ran the following at a command prompt in C:\Tomcat\bin

installTomcat32.bat C:\JDK C:\Tomcat C:\JDK\jre\bin\hotspot

After uninstalling I tried it with substituting "hotspot", for "classic",
and then "server"

A windows 2000 message box tells me each time that the service did not start
and did not return an error message.

Help?

Steve Russell

Web Developer III
ValueOptions - Lifescape
703-205-6589
steve.russell@valueoptions.com

the sender by email, delete and destroy this message and its
attachments.