Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Janani Sundarrajan <js...@percipenz.com> on 2010/04/08 23:37:55 UTC

Wicket Authorization

Is it possible use a metadata driven component based authorization?

Wicket in Action gives an example

@AdminOnly

private class ModeLink extends Link {.....}

Then implement isActionAuthorized() of the Authorization Strategy.

But I feel that it is not a good solution to create new classes for every
role.

Is there a metadata driven way to do this? Can I add some metadata to a
component and then check based on that in the isActionAuthorized() method
of the Authorization Strategy? I am a Wicket newbie, so forgive me if I am
missing something very basic.

Thanks,

~Janani

Re: Wicket Authorization