Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org> on 2022/01/04 06:25:41 UTC

Re: Question: Actual "stable" james-server-app-3.6.1-app.zip and managesieve with starttls: ClassCastException ChannelManageSieveResponseWriter

Hello Gatherer,

ManageSieve is known-to-be-buggy for quitte some time.

I recently had a look at it [1] [2] and made it work with the
Thunderbird plugin. The status of this work is still experimental though...

This fix is available on master and on the (hopefully) upcoming 3.7.0
however I must confess I did not bother backporting the fixes on the
3.6.x branch.

Best regards,

Benoit

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1618