Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> on 2023/11/07 17:01:49 UTC

[Review] Ambari Quarterly report Sept-Nov 2023

Hi all,

 Ambari submits a report to the ASF board once a quarter, to inform the
board about project health. I'm sending the report to the user@ and dev@
mailinglists because you are the project, and for transparency. If you have
any questions about the report or the running of the project, you can post
them to any PMC member or committer, or send an email to
private@ambari.apache.org.

which every PMC member subscribes to.
The mission of Apache Ambari is the creation and maintenance of software
related to Hadoop cluster management.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:

   - There are currently 20 committers and 16 PMC members in this project.
   - The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 5:4.

Community changes, past quarter:

   - No new PMC members. Last addition was Zhiguo Wu on 2022-08-23.
   - Mohammad Arshad was added as committer on 2023-08-15

## Project Activity:
## Project Activity:
There's ongoing collaboration between Ambari and Bigtop communities on the
Bigtop stack. The project has achieved a number of goals:
    1. Adaption of Hadoop 3.3.5 to the Bigtop stack and integration with
Ambari
    2. Support for Ranger 2.4
    3. Integration of theAmbari infrastructure

Looking ahead, the community is gearing up for the release of Ambari Bigtop
Stack 3.3. The key focuses for this release include:
    1. Upgrading service versions to Bigtop 3.3.0.
    2. Ongoing work to support Phoenix integration.
    3. Adding YARN TimelineService V2 and Registry DNS support (currently
    under review).
    4. In-progress efforts to incorporate Logsearch support.
    5. Successful merger of Ranger 2.4 support into the Ambari Bigtop stack.
    6. Integration of Ambari Infra (already merged).
    7. Exploring support for openEuler OS with Ambari.
    8. Future plans for adding Knox support.
    9. Incorporating a YARN view in Ambari Views.
   10. Addressing the continuous increase of WebSocket connections in the
   Ambari web UI.
   11. Ongoing discussions about upgrading from Python 2 to Python 3.

Active development is happening on py3 and fixing the CVE's. Work is being
done on the ambari-2.8 branch for the next release. At this point the
following releases are considered to be our latest: ambari-2.7.6 ambari
-2.6.2

##Recent releases:

   - metrics-3.0.0 was released on 2023-03-13.
   - 2.7.7 was released on 2022-12-11.
   - 2.7.6 was released on 2021-11-12.

Please let me know if anything is missed in the above report, most of the
above items are in progress.

Regards,
Brahma

Re: [Review] Ambari Quarterly report Sept-Nov 2023

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
Belated +1, thanks Brahma.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
Belated +1, thanks Brahma.

Posted by "Battula, Brahma Reddy" <bb...@visa.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "Battula, Brahma Reddy" <bb...@visa.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Mohammad Arshad <ar...@apache.org>.
Looks good. You included all the details. thanks Brahma.

Posted by Mohammad Arshad <ar...@apache.org>.