Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Hari Kannan <ha...@citrix.com> on 2013/01/09 20:40:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] Support for Intel TXT technology

Hello All,

I wish to propose Support for Intel TXT for Cloud Use cases - I have added some details here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Support+for+Intel+TXT+Technology

along with a JIRA ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-939

Please review and comment

Hari Kannan

Re: [DISCUSS] Support for Intel TXT technology

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Discussion limited to cloudstack-dev@ list.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
<an...@citrix.com> wrote:
> This came in as I was following up on  action item from IRC today. This feature is something that has already been developed before ACS 4.0 and processes were formalized and also had been demonstrated in public forms such as in Intel Developers Forum last Sept but somehow missed getting filed. Can we consider it as an exception and take it for 4.1.  I understand we are few days past cutoff,  I will ensure we are more diligent in future.

So if it's done, it needs to come through the IP clearance process.

Step 1 is for the source code to be posted somewhere publicly for us
to review.  Following that, we should initiate a VOTE for 72 hours on
our dev list for including the proposed donation.  After that, someone
needs to find an officer or ASF member that is willing to sponsor the
process of working it through the incubator's IP clearance process.

I'd also ask for the design to be included in the FS wiki page.  I
assume this isn't a problem, since the code is complete.  This will
allow us to have complete design docs for the release's features.

As for the feature itself, is this another XenServer only feature
proposal?  We had discussed XenServer only issues during the Host
Update Notification feature discussion, and (along with other
concerns) we had agreed that features should be built to at least lay
the groundwork for support beyond just one hypervisor.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Devdeep,

What you listed here are good starts to the requirements gathering.  Why not post them on the wiki?

We do need to resolve the license issue though.

--Alex

Posted by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com>.
Hi Hari,

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
I really hope people don't run the attestation server as a VM managed by ACS - that sounds like an excellent way to shoot ones self in the foot…

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella

RE: [DISCUSS] Support for Intel TXT technology

Posted by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 09:46:55AM -0800, Sudha Ponnaganti wrote:
> Wondering if anyone is interested to pick up QA for this story.

It's going to require some specialized hardware.  It *might* be easier
for someone outside of Citrix to help test this if the hardware
requirements were shared.  Folks will have to evaluate if they have it
available.

RE: [DISCUSS] Support for Intel TXT technology

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.
Wondering if anyone is interested to pick up QA for this story.

I have started putting together the FS for this feature. The initial draft is shared here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Support+for+Intel+TXT+Technology. Do let me know your comments/thoughts/concerns.

Regards,
Devdeep

Posted by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Hari Kannan <ha...@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I wish to propose Support for Intel TXT for Cloud Use cases - I have added some details here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Support+for+Intel+TXT+Technology
>
> along with a JIRA ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-939
>
> Please review and comment
>
> Hari Kannan

Let's set the fix version to Future please.