Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2018/08/29 05:14:55 UTC

[VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC5]

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.6.3.

The release candidates (RC5):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/2.6.3

Git tag for the release (RC5):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.6.3
Hash for the release tag:
3963d8fd93642398375ea92acb7ed4d2bc1b0518

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/blob/dubbo-2.6.3/CHANGES.md

The artifacts have been signed with Key : 28681CB1, which can be found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Notice: no changes in code level of release candidate has changed compared to RC4, only remove two useless signature files in distribution/ directory.

The previously RC4 vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1714c7aa24bc7b8bf6f6c12a52e2ac79172beddf24d9f33cf6ccfe67@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
The previously RC3 vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/44a55f1a981b7ec4e766531b586ed9def5d7940892d8fb7a7f72d1c9@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Jun
Best Regards

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC5]

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
+1 to release.

* Signatures ok for both source and binary.
* DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE ok for both source and binary.
* No SNAPSHOT in source file name or content.
* Unit test passed on Java 8, although still have some unstable UT.

Failed tests:
  ClientReconnectTest.testReconnect:58 expected:<true> but was:<false>

One reminder: need to add the ASF download link to website once the
release has been approved.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC5]

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
+1

I checked the following:

* Signatures for both sources and binaries.
* File name for both sources and binaries.
* DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE.
* Run unit test against the downloaded sources, and it passes.
* Compare RC5 files and tag dubbo-2.6.3 from the source repository, and
they are identical

Thanks,
-Ian.

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1.

I have checked,

1. Source release package:
* Hash and signature are good
* Source directory with 'incubating' in name
* LICENSE NOTICE DISCLAIMER exists
* No .jar files exists
* Unit Tesst passed with 'mvn clean install -Drat.skip=false -Dcheckstyle.skip=false' (Jave 1.7, Linux)
* Release candidates match with corresponding tags

2. Binary release package:
* Signatures are good
* ‘incubating’ in name
* LICENSE and NOTICE exists

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
> mvn clean test # This will run all unit tests
> # you can also open rat and style plugin to check if every file meets
> requirements.
> mvn clean test -Drat.skip=false -Dcheckstyle.skip=false
>
> I suggest to use a dedicate profile for release, which will including
> all the checks, rat, checkstyle, etc, so that we can run

Good idea. I’ve filed an issue here https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/2416

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC5]

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Oh, my bad. I thought this vote has lasted for 72+ hours, I must have misremembered the starting date.

Let’s wait some extra time here.

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
> We’ve received 3 +1 binding votes and one +1 non-binding vote:
>
> +1 binding, Ian Luo
> +1 binding, Huxing Zhang
> +1 binding, Jun Liu
> +1 non-binding, Jerrick

72+ hours has passed, the votes are as listed before above. Let me bring it to the Apache community.

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.