Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Steve Gibson <St...@cowww.com> on 2004/06/10 19:45:09 UTC

RE: [SPAM] - RE: Configuration and management of Configuration - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

Thats the problem with thinking out loud...

SymbolSource....
I guess what I should say to clarify is that the properties file is a
properties file because it was easy to implement...
That said, it is big and is now emulating xml/sdl/whatever format in the
usual properties file way:

service1.property1=
service1.property2=
service1.property3=
service2.property1=
service2.wrappedObject.property1=
service2.wrappedObject.complexProperty.property1=

On the other hand, I don't know if converting it to xml/sdl will help:

hibernate.dialect = net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9002
hibernate.use_outer_join = true
hibernate.connection.username = admin
hibernate.connection.password =
hibernate.connection.pool_size = 20
hibernate.statement_cache.size = 10
hibernate.cache.provider_class = net.sf.hibernate.cache.OSCacheProvider

Also, a SymbolSource won't aggregate things to get them into classes
without duplicating the effort -
for this example:
<hibernate dialect="${hibernate.dialect}"
user_outer_join="${hibernate.use_outer_join}">
    <connection driver_class="${hibernate.connection.driver_class}"
url="${hibernate.connection.url}" pool_size=...>
        <credentials username="${hibernate.connection.username}"
password="${hibernate.connection.password}"/>
    </connection>
</hibernate>

Then again, this handles configuration "inheritance" for me...

sub-module - ahhhh...thats what was missing!

Thanks for your patience, Howard.

Steve Gibson