Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/02/22 12:54:02 UTC

Epoz integration

It seems that the Epoz integration such that it runs independent of the
prefix
has never really been finished. Also the Epoz snapshot at
http://www.wyona.org/epoz.tar.gz didn't really work properly. I have
fixed these
two issues such that it runs again with the prefix "lenya" (also
uploaded a working Epoz snapshot).

Unfortunately I don't have much time right now, but at least can point
ot what needs to be done to finish the integration:

1) Patching the prefix (lenya) within

src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/epoz/epozmacros.html

by

src/webapp/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/epozmacros-xhtml.xsl

(also take a look at src/webapp/lenya/usecase.xmap)

2) Figure out why the current Epoz head (via subversion)
doesn't work. It seems to me that there is a conflict when

Maybe this JavaScript doesn't correspond with

  src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/epoz/epozmacros.html

whereas the "original" can be found at

    .../epoz/common/epozmacros.html

(we had to "patch" this file because of the whitespace at <script ..>
</script>
else the tags will be closed and Mozilla doesn't like that)

Thanks

Michael

 .--
Michael Wechner

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 18:53, Guido Wesdorp wrote:
>

>I know. I already have an integrated epoz version from svn. But I will
>not check them in after a second review and some enhancements concerning
>the way of integration like stated out by Michi. Currently I'm working
>on other things in Lenya.
>But I think in a few days there will be some time left...

cool. Looking forward to the head version of Epoz.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 18:53, Guido Wesdorp wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that there is a conflict when
>
> Do you know that the epozeditor.js script has been chopped in pieces and
> you now need to include a number of scripts?

I know. I already have an integrated epoz version from svn. But I will
not check them in after a second review and some enhancements concerning
the way of integration like stated out by Michi. Currently I'm working
on other things in Lenya.
But I think in a few days there will be some time left...

    Rolf Kulemann

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

>> I hope to do it next month (march) somewhere (but if it's really
>> necessary I can do a minor version upgrade for Lenya earlier).

There has been a small change of plans, and I think you may want to
benefit from that as well: next week the first release of Silva
including Epoz is going to land. For this Infrae has asked me to do a
minor version release, so I'm going to remove all experimental features
from the core on a branch and release that next week somewhere. I think
that may be a better base for you guys to work on then HEAD as well, so
I'll let you know as soon as that release is done. It *will* contain all
the design changes made the last couple of weeks, and also a lot of
bugfixes (and the chopped up jscripts and such).
If you have any requests for that release, please let me know this
weekend or so, so I have time to put them in as well (if they're not too
bad, that is ;)

Cheers,

Guido

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Guido Wesdorp wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>>> Ehrm, we *are* talking about epozmacros.html now as well, aren't we?
>>> That's the one that should be modified, right?
>>

>> right, common/epozmacros.html
>>
>> as Rolf is saying, in the case of Cocoon it's sufficient to have a
>> single blank
>>
> Okay, checked in.

thanks very much

> If it turns out not to be aggressive enough, I'll add // instead.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guido
>
> P.S. Keep in mind that I still have some things on my TODO list that
> will break existing Epoz integrations, I'll let you know what changed
> after I checked stuff in. As you may have noticed the current release
> is a bit postponed (I really don't have much time and there's a lot on
> my list still, I have the intention of fixing all that is broken or
> just not designed well in the following release),

maybe some of us can help you

> I hope to do it next month (march) somewhere (but if it's really
> necessary I can do a minor version upgrade for Lenya earlier).

Maybe we can talk again when we have upgraded to the Head version from
Subversion

cheers

Michi

Michael Wechner

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

>> Ehrm, we *are* talking about epozmacros.html now as well, aren't we?
>> That's the one that should be modified, right?
>
> right, common/epozmacros.html
>
> as Rolf is saying, in the case of Cocoon it's sufficient to have a
> single blank

Okay, checked in. If it turns out not to be aggressive enough, I'll add
// instead.

Cheers,

Guido

P.S. Keep in mind that I still have some things on my TODO list that
will break existing Epoz integrations, I'll let you know what changed
after I checked stuff in. As you may have noticed the current release is
a bit postponed (I really don't have much time and there's a lot on my
list still, I have the intention of fixing all that is broken or just
not designed well in the following release), I hope to do it next month

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Guido Wesdorp wrote:

> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
>> Not sure, in epozmacros it worked from me with Lenya/Cocoon the other
>> day, I mean using <script src="blabla"> </script>.
>>

> Ehrm, we *are* talking about epozmacros.html now as well, aren't we?
> That's the one that should be modified, right?

right, common/epozmacros.html

as Rolf is saying, in the case of Cocoon it's sufficient to have a
single blank

cheers

Michi

> Cheers,
>
> Guido

Michael Wechner

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com>.

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 15:12, Guido Wesdorp wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> > Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> >> <script src="blabla">&#160;</script> should also work.
> >>

> > Guido, could we add "something" in between the script tags within
> > common/epozmacros.html, because this is one reason we currently need
> > to maintain
> > this file within the Lenya source? I guess the "others" (Zope, Plone,
> > etc.) won't mind ...
> >
> > for the sake of Lenya ;-)
> >
> Sure, no problem, I'm just wondering if 'ignorable whitespace' will be
> filtered out as well, if not we could just enter a space instead of //
> (looks better) but I guess it will...

Not sure, in epozmacros it worked from me with Lenya/Cocoon the other
day, I mean using <script src="blabla"> </script>.

> Cheers,
>
> Guido

    Rolf Kulemann

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com>.

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

>  I guess the "others" (Zope, Plone, etc.) won't mind ...

and Silva of course ;-)

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On Feb 24, 2004, at 13:24, Guido Wesdorp wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> well, if the there's no content (e.g. whitespace) then "Cocoon" is
>> closing the tag:

>> which isn't being appreciated by Mozilla
>>
> Tell me about it ;) that's exactly what Zope does in XML mode...

do this

  <script src="..">//</script>

I do this for linotype.

--
Stefano.

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@cosmos.infrae.com>.

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Guido Wesdorp wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that there is a conflict when
>

> Do you know that the epozeditor.js script has been chopped in pieces
> and you now need to include a number of scripts?

good to know. That's probably the reason why the actual editing wasn't
possible, although the "screen" looked good

>> (we had to "patch" this file because of the whitespace at <script ..>
>> </script>
>> else the tags will be closed and Mozilla doesn't like that)
>>
> Actually that seems to be mentioned in the XHTML DTD: it seems that
> some elements are defined as content-containers and must therefore
> have content (script, textarea). I still don't understand how this
> doesn't conflict with the XML specification (I think that states that
> I posted the bugreport ;)

well, if the there's no content (e.g. whitespace) then "Cocoon" is
closing the tag:

which isn't being appreciated by Mozilla

All the best

Michi

> Cheers,
>
> Guido

Michael Wechner

Re: Epoz integration

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> It seems to me that there is a conflict when

Do you know that the epozeditor.js script has been chopped in pieces and
you now need to include a number of scripts?

> (we had to "patch" this file because of the whitespace at <script ..>
> </script>
> else the tags will be closed and Mozilla doesn't like that)

Actually that seems to be mentioned in the XHTML DTD: it seems that some
elements are defined as content-containers and must therefore have
content (script, textarea). I still don't understand how this doesn't
conflict with the XML specification (I think that states that <foo />
equals <foo></foo>) but the Mozilla guys were pretty sure when I posted
the bugreport ;)

Cheers,

Guido