Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 10:04:14 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany OSGi JUnit Maven Plugin RC1

Please vote on releasing the Tuscany OSGi JUnit Plugin.

The Tuscany OSGi JUnit Plugin is used by the Tuscany SCA project to
do unit testing of the OSGi runtime environment. We need this release
so the SCA 2.0-M4 release can use the plugin without depending on a
snapshot build.

The tag for the release is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/maven-osgi-junit-plugin-1.0/

the Maven staging repository is:

http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/maven-osgi-junit-plugin-1.0-RC1/

+1 from me.

   ...ant

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Tuscany OSGi JUnit Maven Plugin RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Vote passed with 3 +1s.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany OSGi JUnit Maven Plugin RC1

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
The Tuscany OSGi Junit plugin is derived from maven-surefire-plugin to add
the OSGi support. It takes the same set of configurations as
maven-surefire-plugin. Here is what it does:

1) Generate two bundles for the main and test classes respectively. The test
bundle is a fragment of the main bundle.

For example, the plugin generates the following bundles for
sample-calculator-osgi.jar:
* sample-calculator-osgi-osgi.jar
* sample-calculator-osgi-osgi-tests.jar

2) Find the EquinoxHost class from tuscany-node-launcher-equinox and create
an instance
3) Start the equinox runtime
4) Set up the classloader for surefire so that it uses OSGi classloading for
the test cases with the test bundle.
5) Delegate to surefire to run the unit tests

I'll update the readme.

As now we use the OSGi framework launch APIs to start an OSGi runtime, it
should be ideal to allow either Equinox or Apache Felix as the runtime. The
only difference would be a list of properties and we can make them
configurable for the plugin to take a property file.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Not so much that I know of, the module includes a README -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/maven-osgi-junit-plugin-1.0/README,
the samples where its used like calculator-osgi, dosgi-calculator
demonstrate its use.

   ...ant

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.