Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Sebastien ARBOGAST <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 14:47:35 UTC

Where is WorkbookFactory?

I just added those dependencies to my Maven project in order to work with
POI HSSF:
<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
            <artifactId>poi-contrib</artifactId>
            <version>3.5-beta5</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
            <artifactId>poi-scratchpad</artifactId>
            <version>3.5-beta5</version>
        </dependency>

And I read in the documentation that, in order to read an existing file, I
should use WorkbookFactory.create(inp) method.
But I can't find any WorkbookFactory class in any of those JARs. Is it
normal? Is there an undocumented change?

Cheers,
Sébastien Arbogast

http://sebastien-arbogast.com
http://mooplan.com

Re: Where is WorkbookFactory?

Posted by vioss <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Experienced the same problem and I just read your posts.
For maven is
    <dependency>
    	<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
    	<artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>