Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Ashish Dobhal <do...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/20 20:08:40 UTC

Converting Java files in to jar

Could anyone tell me how to compile a .java file into a jar file in pig.
Thank You.

Re: Converting Java files in to jar

Posted by Raghavendra C <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashish,

For converting the .java files into jar files better option would be to use
a IDE like Eclipse.

When you create the java files under a project in eclipse it will
automatically create the compiled .class files.

There is a option in Eclipse to export the file as jar , you can easily
create a jar file using that option.

You doing above stuff you  can google for "Creating jar files in eclipse"

After exporting  the jar files into your local, then you would have to
register the jar into your PIGs class path.

In case if you need any more information, please let me know on this.

Thanks and regards,
Raghav Chandra

Thanks and regards,

Raghav Chandra Shetty