Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Aishwary Shrivastava <ai...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2019/04/27 07:11:35 UTC

Adding fromDate and thruDate in GoodIdentification Entity

Hello, Devs

We should add support of fromDate and thruDate in the GoodIdentification
entity for tracking and history purpose.

As of now, if we need to update any Good Identification record for a
product, then we have to replace its value and this history isn't
maintained.
It will also enable the user to maintain multiple goodIdentifications of a
product.

Best,
*Aishwary Shrivastava* | HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

Re: Adding fromDate and thruDate in GoodIdentification Entity

Posted by Aishwary Shrivastava <ai...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks so much, everyone for the valuable feedback.

This indeed increases my understanding.  Based on inputs I will have more
look into this.
For now, I have discarded the ticket OFBIZ-10963 [1], we can reopen it in
the future if required.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10963

Kind Regards,
*Aishwary Shrivastava* | Senior Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center, Indore,
M.P 452010
Cell phone: +91-8962244998
Linkedin: *Aishwary Shrivastava*
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aishwaryshrivastava/>

Posted by Aishwary Shrivastava <ai...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Aishwary Shrivastava <ai...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
-1 for the proposal.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Aishwary,

Posted by Aishwary Shrivastava <ai...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Deepak,

We might need to change good identification value anytime due to change in
the third-party system or due to other reason. So to track the previous/old
value we may need to maintain it by date constraint. At a time only one
identification will be active for a product of the same type.

Best,
*Aishwary Shrivastava*

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1 Nicolas for maintaining history(if we are going to maintain it) in
separate entity rather than adding fromDate, thruDate to GoodIdentification
table. The purpose of this entity is to store the identification codes for
the product. I don't find any use case where product identifications codes
are frequently changed and need to maintain the history of it.

Kind Regards,
--
Pritam Kute

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
I'm mixed about that idea.

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1, looks good to me.

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co>.
+1 with fromDate as part of primary key.

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.
Hi Aishwarys,

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 12:42 PM Aishwary Shrivastava <
aishwary.shrivastava@hotwaxsystems.com> wrote:

> Hello, Devs
>
> We should add support of fromDate and thruDate in the GoodIdentification
> entity for tracking and history purpose.

Sounds good.

> As of now, if we need to update any Good Identification record for a
> product, then we have to replace its value and this history isn't
> maintained.

Could you please give us an example of this use case? Why and when we have
to update the Good Identification?

> It will also enable the user to maintain multiple goodIdentifications of a
> product.

I am not sure why we need to maintain multiple goodIdentifications of the
same type.

Kind Regards,
Deepak Dixit