Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com> on 2018/08/20 10:23:03 UTC

JDBC Request - all queries not getting executed for User 1 & User 2

Hi,

I'm trying to execute DB queries ( input via CSV Config file) for multiple
Users. But problem is that for every user , query is getting executed as
per single row i.e. row 1 query is getting executed for User 1;  row 2
query is getting executed for User 2 ..

What I needed is that row 1 query & row 2 query should get execute for both
User 1 & User 2.   please find attached screenshots of  Test Plan.

--

::DISCLAIMER::

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
from your system.

Re: JDBC Request - all queries not getting executed for User 1 & User 2

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 20.08.2018 um 15:52 schrieb Prateek Dua:
> Hey Felix,
>
> Yes by default "Max Number of Connections" to "0". Let me explain my Config
> & test plan hierarchy..  Under Thread group  ->  CSV Data Set config, Jdbc
> request & View Results Tree components are added as per mentioned order.
>
> *1. Thread group* : No of threads: 2  ; Ramp up time : 1 Sec ; Loop count
> :2
>
> *2. CSV Data Set Config *- *Filename*: changelog_mysql.sql ; *Variable name*:
> conn ;* ignore first line:*false ; *Allow quoted data*: false ; *Recycle on
> EOF:* True;  *Stop thread on  Eof *; *sharing mode*: All threads
>
> *3. **Jdbc request - Query* *: *${conn} ; *Handle Resultset* : Store as
> String
>
> *4*. *JDBC config *:*Connection Pool Configuration : Max no of connections*:
> 0 ; *Transaction isolation* : default & rest of settings of this config are
> kept same as by default.
>

> So problem statement is  --- query#1 is getting executed twice for User 1 &
> query#2( next query ) is getting twice executed for User 2.
>
> *But what I want is that --query #1 & query#2 should get executed for User
> 1 & User 2*

So your statements are saved in the csv file, say something like:

select a from a;
select b from b;

(; being the separator for the csv and not the end char for SQL :)

Now your thread group is started with CSV in shared mode. Thread 1 is
getting first row of the csv and Thread 2 is getting the second row.
Then Thread 1 is ready to execute the next sample and reads again from
CSV and gets (again) row one.

Is this what you experience and don't want? Then try to use another
sharing mode for CSV Data Set.

Regards,
  Felix

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
you need sharing mode "Current thread" if you want each thread to read the
same data
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config
- See sharing mode

Posted by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com>.