Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com> on 2010/02/19 00:45:05 UTC

why aren't we using SCR annotations?

This seems to be an unwritten rule, but I'm not clear why.

Justin

Re: why aren't we using SCR annotations?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Just an additional comment, it is possible to use annotations and
javadoc tags together in a bundle - but not inside a component.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: why aren't we using SCR annotations?

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 2/19/10 2:45 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Justin Edelson wrote:
>> This seems to be an unwritten rule, but I'm not clear why.
>>
> No it is not :)
>
> I'm already using the annotations in some sling bundles (eventing and
> jsp). I guess this has just historical reasons, we started with the
> javadoc tags and therefore simply are used to it.
>
> I think we should use the annotations for new stuff; and maybe we could
> convert some projects during the development if it makes sense (it made
> sense for the stuff I was working on). But we shouldn't simply batch
> convert all modules now.

Thanks for the clarification.

Justin

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Justin Edelson
<ju...@justinedelson.com> wrote:
> This seems to be an unwritten rule, but I'm not clear why.

As Carsten says, that's just for historical reasons, as the bulk of
our code was written before SCR annotations were available.

-Bertrand