Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Rylan Merritt <ry...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/19 22:22:55 UTC

Current locale does not use UTF-8

Hi everyone,

I have setup and configured a very basic install of guacamole-0.9.9.
The server seems to be working great. However when I open an ssh
session the characters in the terminal are not correct.

The link below should illustrate this (link expires after 7 days)

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=8e806f3

My log shows.

guacd[6928]: Current locale does not use UTF-8. Some characters may
not render correctly.

However I am unsure where I am supposed to set the locale.

Some other info that may help.

- OS: CentOS 7 Minimal
- SELinux status: Disabled
- Apache Tomcat Version: 7.0.54.0
- Java Version: 1.8.0_101-b13
- Guacamole Version: 0.9.9

Best Regards,

 - Rylan

Re: Current locale does not use UTF-8

Posted by Rylan Merritt <ry...@gmail.com>.
I had some more time to trouble shoot today and was able to resolve the problem.

First I ran.

yum -y install cairo-devel freerdp-devel terminus-fonts

Then (wasn't sure if this was necessary).

fc-cache

After which text now displays as you would expect it to :-)

Thank you Mike. Seems you sent me done the right path.

Best Regards,

- Rylan

Posted by Rylan Merritt <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,