Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/20 01:36:59 UTC

Dispatch Action "Whitespace In Label Text" and Missing Parameters

I've run into a strange problem with DispatchAction occasionally
failing to find the parameter used to lookup the method to process the
request.  I get the following familiar error:

"Request[myAction] does not contain handler parameter named 'method'.
This may be caused by whitespace in the label text."

This error may occur one time out of five for the exact same workflow
and values, so the action doesn't fail every time.  Here's more
information about the error:

-) Seems to be IE-specific.  Testing with Firefox doesn't cause the error.
-) There is no Javascript submitting the form.
-) There is only one form on the page.
-) The user clicks the submit button to submit the form, instead of
pressing enter.
-) All of the HTTP parameters are gone, which explains why the
'method' parameter is missing.
-) There are a handful of filters in the web application.  Since the
error doesn't occur each time, I don't think the filters cause the
error.

I've exhausted my other resources to find the cause of this problem.
I'm stumped.  Does anybody have suggestions?

Re: Dispatch Action "Whitespace In Label Text" and Missing Parameters

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.
After some additional research, IE is failing to submit HTTP
parameters.  This error doesn't occur with Firefox.  Guess I'll have
to keep digging.

Posted by "Michael J." <jm...@gmail.com>.