Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/30 17:31:35 UTC

Pivot Demos on Apache-Extras (GoogleCode)

Hi all,
just be able (thanks to this trick:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/834027/how-to-embed-java-web-start-with-jnlp-application-on-google
) to get our Pivot-JFree Demo pages served even from Pivot-Demos on
Apache-Extras (on GoogleCode).
Of course no jsp there, so all dynamic content has been stripped out
and fixed by hand (like in jnlp files) ... and make a copy of the
original and the new file, for any file changed.

Some info useful, to set the right svn:mimetype :
http://rhubbarb.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/svn-props-mime-types/
note that to make it work, this has to be set for any file to be
served (that has not it set already), even html pages
Then create a Wiki page with a reference to Index pages to show ...
for example look at this:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-demos/wiki/Pivot_JFree_Demos

I have to see if even pack200 version of jars can work from there ...

So maybe Pivot-Demos on Apache-Extras could become our fallback mirror
for Pivot Demos, but note that currently it's not linked from Pivot
Web Site nor Pivot Wiki (Pivot-JFree Demos are hosted here:
http://pivot-demos.com/pivot-jfree-demos/ ).

We could even publish there the expanded war for Pivot Demos and maybe
other ... in any case, put here just to not forget the trick.

Bye,
Sandro